What's new

Help: iPhone 6 Plus Vertical Scan Lines on Screen

Junior

Reaction score
Hey gang - Just to give you all a heads up, I'm not jailbroken or modded and the phone is completely updated to the latest iOS. iPhone 6 Plus 64 G size, if it matters.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or what was the problem?

A few days ago, I noticed that when I put my phone down, the screen has clearly visible vertical scan lines that cover 1/3 of the right side of the screen. The phone will continue to operate normally for a few minutes and then the swipe and touch seem to stop working until I press the sleep/power button.

Once I wake the phone, I'm able to control the phone again, but the vertical scan lines will still remain. It's sporadic and doesn't seem to have any particular pattern to when it appears.

The vertical lines are clearly visible across all apps when there's a coloured background, not so clear on white backgrounds.

I purchased my phone last October and I've got a Genius appointment tomorrow at Apple, but was wondering if anyone else with similar symptoms could shed some light on their experience.

Thanks for reading.

It looks like you have a failing screen. The Genius Bar appointment would be able to confirm that. If it is screen failure, it should be covered under the standard warranty. Repair would involve replacing the screen.

Before you go to the Apple Store for your Genius Bar appointment, back up your phone. The repair process will likely wipe your phone but it can be set up from the backup you make when you get it home after the repair.

Last edited: