What's new

iPhone 6 Plus - Blue screen then reboot. (Craziness!)

Egmonster

Reaction score
Hey there everyone. Got the iPhone 6 Plus 64GB about 3 weeks ago. I love this thing, the screen size, battery life, and camera are amazing.

Was all going well still yesterday. I was just browsing videos on Safari and the phone went crazy. A blue screen appeared for about 20 seconds then the phone restarted. As it was restarting the screen turned into multiple blocks of primary colours and all sorts of weirdness! Reboot again and the Apple logo came back but then it got all blocky and started to slide off the side of the screen to the left. ??? Reboot reboot reboot. Not stopping. Finally stopped after 5 minutes or so. I tried pushing both buttons for a reboot but it didn't seem to help.

Ok so contacted apple. They had me clean out Safari and do a hard reboot with the two buttons. They had me hold the buttons for 30 seconds and after I did that the phone appeared stone dead. Nothing. They had me connect to a computer to see if it would recognize but nothing. Dead. We were just arranging a replacement and after about 5-10 minutes of being totally blank it came back on. So then they said do a full system restore and NO NOT use a backup image. Restore the phone as a new phone. Did that and it looked ok this morning but then just now the screen went blue and rebooted.

I am supposed to go into an apple store in a few days but i KNOW they are going to give me a run around. I likely won't be able to reproduce the failure on demand as it seems pretty sporadic. I wouldn't care but its a long drive with a ferry ride to get to the Apple store.

Any advice? Is this anything anyone has heard of before? Never had any phone do anything like this before. Had a few restarts over the years, but this is crazy.

Apple genius bar never give you run around. Very professional and helpful.

Never ever actually had to go into one before. My phone always worked. Ah well. I will go in and see what they say. It just went blue again and rebooted. Also froze for 30 seconds with nothing happening then came back to the lock screen. Weirdness.

Cheers

If your problem is hardware related you are entitled to a free repair or replacement of your iPhone 6 Plus. After your Genius Bar appointment, let us know what the cause of the problem was.

I will report back. I go in on Saturday. Too much to do before then. Merry Christmas y'all.

Well now you won't have to worry about replicating this at the Apple Store. Send a copy to your email so you can show them from you email using one of their Macs.

Excellent plan! I was going to drag my laptop in. Your way is much easier.

Update- no drama. Went into an Apple Store and they replaced it in less than a minute with that video. "Hardware issue- kernel panic"

All fixed.

It's all about the great technical support Apple! Never ever find this support on other brand! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk