What's new

iPhone 6 Plus Touch ID problem.

GavinG

Reaction score
I have changed screen on iPhone 6 plus and now have Touch ID problem. The original button was shifted over to the new screen. All looks good on the screen and in settings the Add Fingerprint is blue not grey and now errors show, however, the home button will just not see a fingerprint, i.e not red finger traces appear as you press. Any ideas?

I have changed screen on iPhone 6 plus and now have Touch ID problem. The original button was shifted over to the new screen. All looks good on the screen and in settings the Add Fingerprint is blue not grey and now errors show, however, the home button will just not see a fingerprint, i.e not red finger traces appear as you press. Any ideas?
You could have accidentally damaged the cable or connectors for the home button. If that’s the case, only Apple could get your Touch ID working again. Unfortunately, since you replaced the screen yourself, Apple won’t touch it.

Last edited:
You could have accidentally damaged the cable or connectors for the home button. If that’s the case, only Apple could get your Touch ID working again. Unfortunately, since you replaced the screen yourself, Apple won’t touch it.
Hi, thanks for reply. I couldn't give up that easily. If I have damaged a cable, which I believe not, I would want to find out what cores on the ribbon handle the biometric signal and focus on those. I agree Apple won't help, they never will as soon as a phone has been touched by someone else, which is fine, but the only reason people outside of Apple repair phones is because of their high cost.

Hi scifan and all. Just seen a typo on my original post. Quite a major one! Where it says 'and now errors show' should be 'no errors show'.