What's new

iPhone 6 Plus up-to-date iOS Touch ID not working consistantly

Puzzled

Reaction score
I have to keep deleting and reinserting my fingerprints for the toch ID. They will work for a while and then they no longer work.

Yes, I have turned my phone completely off.

Yes, I have deleted finger prints and rescanned. I have to do this every day. Sometimes the finger prints won't even work for a whole day.

Yes, my iPhone is completely up-to-date.

I will be going to the Apple store about this, so please do not tell me to go to Apple like I was told before. I would like to know if anyone else has this issue. If they were able to solve it. Anything that I can tell Apple to help me troubleshoot.

Thank you.

I haven't noticed any issues with Touch ID on either my iPad Air 2 or my iPhone 6 Plus.

No Problems with Touch ID on my iPhone 6Plus. Works like a charm.

May sound funny but do wash your hand a lot and have you got dry fingers or if you work with liquids. That dry your finger tips out this will happen. Try to get your finger tips dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have same problem as original poster. I live in a very dry climate. Licking my finger sometimes helps but not often. Sometimes buffing my finger on my pants or in the palm of my other hand helps, presumably the friction heats up my fingertip and causes it to work better. I use hand cream and it leaves a mess on the home button. Sometimes (but not always) things work better if I'm careful to make sure button is clean. And if I do gardening or yard work then touch almost never works for a day or two. I am very dissatisfied with the touch.

More recently I have found if I place the phone on a tabletop and touch it works more often than merely holding it in my opposite hand. The thumb of same hand almost never works.