What's new

iPhone 3G screen issue

ForrestC

Reaction score
Well, I have a problem with my iphone 3g's screen, THIS STORY IS A BIT LONG I HAVE INCLUDED A LESS DETAILED VERSION AT THE BOTTOM. (ALTHOUGH LONG VERSION WILL PROBABLY BE MORE HELPFUL IN DIAGNOSING MY SPECIFIC PROBLEM)

LONG VERSION:

So I bought this iphone on Craigslist. it was in great condition as far as I could tell. so I bought it, then the next day I noticed that on the upper right corner the metal ring was bent so it was lifting off the back part, which I thought was weird, but I didn't do anything because it didn't bug me and it didn't seem like there was anything wrong. then, a few days later, I noticed whenever I apply pressure to that part of the screen, the whole screen turns white. so then It started to bug me. but repair was too expensive. so I decided it wasn't bugging me THAT much, as I never notice it anyway.

Then, about a week later, the screen turns permanently white, everything else works, but it is almost completely white and I can barely make out icons, everything else works, and I can still play music and stuff, I confirmed this by plugging it into my TV, but this is unacceptable. so I decided to disassemble it to see what the problem is, and I had to fix the sleep/wake button. and I discovered that the guy before me had already removed the sticker that voids the warranty so I didn't worry about that. so I did get the button fixed, but screen is still the same, white, but when I play around with the part where ribbons 1, 2, and 3 attach to the digitizer/lcd screen, it effects the way it looks, I can't get i to look normal, but I can get it fairly close.

SHORTER VERSION:
Iphone screen use to turn white when I applied pressure to the upper right corner of screen, now it is permanently white. all other functions work as I hooked it up to my TV to make sure. took it apart, previous owner had already removed the warranty sticker, thus voiding the warranty. did not fix anything, playing around with the part that connects ribbons 1, 2, and 3 to the digitizer/lcd screen, can get it back close to normal.

I CANNOT AFFORD ANYTHING THAT IS OVER LIKE 30 BUCKS. so if there is anyway to fix it that doesn't cost more than that I would prefer it, but if it costs more, let me know anyway.

Is there any way I can fix this? what is wrong with it? and what parts to I need to fix it if any? what do I have to do to fix it?

I HAVE CONFIRMED IT IS NOT A SOFTWARE ISSUE BUT A HARDWARE ISSUE!