What's new

iPhone housing change issues

Potato

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I just recently changed my iPhone 4 to a pink housing case and I seem to be having some issues. I've noticed that my screen is dimmer than before and now the top of the screen has a white bar across it. My pictures also come out whiter and dimmer. Is there anything that can fix this or does anyone know what went wrong? The housing was professionally changed.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Are these problems with the actual screen/housing or mistakes made during the workmanship of the switch??

Here's a picture of the screen. as you can see the top has a light/white bar at the top that cuts halfway through the time.

$photo.jpg

Ummm, I think I may have good news for you. That is STANDARD for iOS 5 for that display. I am looking at my 4S right now to verify that.

Haha, really?! Thanks for letting me know. Lol, guess They updated it when they switched out the housing for me. :p

Haha, really?! Thanks for letting me know. Lol, guess They updated it when they switched out the housing for me. :p

iOS 4 has the same exact lock screen gradient at the top. I just confirmed it with my coworkers iPhone 4.

How about the lighting problem with my camera? It seems like my pictures are "whiter" than previously and not as clear...

Now that is 100% possible. There should be a TON of articles on Apple's issues with creating the White iPhone to begin with. And two of them dealt with the rear and front cameras with washed out pictures due to brightness issues.