What's new

Iphone 4S screen backlight question

But all units , displayed in the store were with tha same issue! That is why I do think there is just different manifacturing for 4S..

Really? I went to the Apple store twice this week and did not see any like what you posted in the picture. Strange.

Rocko said:
Really? I went to the Apple store twice this week and did not see any like what you posted in the picture. Strange.

Could you, please do an upload of your screen in same white background for me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

$2011-11-10_09-51-53_477 (Small).jpg

Not a good pic. Taken with my Droid X.

Thanks! And what is your brightness level in the phone settled at?

You are with 4S, right?
What was the distance you took this photo at?
Thanks in advance!

Your Autobrightess is off I suppose..

Last edited:
I am asking because once I make a pic from about 10" my white looks like this:

$image-622939829.jpg

But when you make a shot of the screen itself only, the issues starts to pop up:)

When you look at a pure white background even on a high quality monitor or tv you will see slight variances. It's not going to be 100% pure white like a blank piece of copy paper. Yours IMO has areas that are a bit yellow and or dim. I would compare your phone to other 4S's but not using the pure white, settings screens, stock wallpaper pictures, etc. See if your looks different. If it does, Apple will replace it. You could just be OCD'ing on it, which I tend to do a lot ;)

I keep wondering why he hasn't used Google yet to actually look up the glue curing issue that is ALREADY well known. But hey, that might require more work than using two different accounts to post from.

Rocko said:
When you look at a pure white background even on a high quality monitor or tv you will see slight variances. It's not going to be 100% pure white like a blank piece of copy paper. Yours IMO has areas that are a bit yellow and or dim. I would compare your phone to other 4S's but not using the pure white, settings screens, stock wallpaper pictures, etc. See if your looks different. If it does, Apple will replace it. You could just be OCD'ing on it, which I tend to do a lot ;)

About the last said- that is for sure (I hate my OCD about tech products..)
This is actually how it looks lije in similar as your light conditions and distance:

$image-1622216309.jpg

Is it bad?

Ok, this has gone on long enough.

Your picture isn't worth the time it took to transmit over the internet.

Lets look at the FACTUAL TECHNICAL DETAILS of why that is.

1) Your picture is a JPG.

2) Your picture has been downsized.

Those two in combination means the pixels have been AVERAGED over the entire display. We CAN NOT PHYSICALLY SEE what you see because of that very simple fact.

So if you want to do this right do the following.

1) Use a camera with a MINIMUM of 8 megapixels.
2) Take the picture as a TIFF.
3) Post the picture to a site that DOES NOT COMPRESS or RESIZE in any way.

About the last said- that is for sure (I hate my OCD about tech products..)
This is actually how it looks lije in similar as your light conditions and distance:

View attachment 3294

Is it bad?

Hard to tell but looks like some dark areas on the top and bottom. Picture, like Skull explained, is too low res and compressed.