What's new

possible failed 4s jailbreak

ericfragola

Reaction score
hey guys, im eric. i had my friend jailbreak my iphone 4s, and as it was doin its own thing, i guess i wasnt supposed to touch it, but something popped up that said "no sim card" and i pressed okay. apparently i was supposed to let it do its own thing and not press okay. immediatly after that, my screen went out. he claims the previous owner may have dropped it in water and somehow just now that had happened.:( he says theres no way by me messing up the jail break that it would have friend the screen like this. ive only heard of the backlight going out due to water damage. also, i bought this off someone from craigslist. so if it was stolen or anything is there anyways apple couldve sent some kill code to fry my screen? he mentioned something about that. but claims there was water damage that just now appeared. it works fine but the right half of the screen fades and stays to what was on the screen from 5 seconds ago until i let it catch up. and its all discolored. but it works just fine. would replacing the actual digital screen fix it? before all of this, the phone appeared to work flawlessly. i have attached a photo of the phones screen $IMAG3572.jpg

hey guys, im eric. i had my friend jailbreak my iphone 4s, and as it was doin its own thing, i guess i wasnt supposed to touch it, but something popped up that said "no sim card" and i pressed okay. apparently i was supposed to let it do its own thing and not press okay. immediatly after that, my screen went out. he claims the previous owner may have dropped it in water and somehow just now that had happened.:( he says theres no way by me messing up the jail break that it would have friend the screen like this. ive only heard of the backlight going out due to water damage. also, i bought this off someone from craigslist. so if it was stolen or anything is there anyways apple couldve sent some kill code to fry my screen? he mentioned something about that. but claims there was water damage that just now appeared. it works fine but the right half of the screen fades and stays to what was on the screen from 5 seconds ago until i let it catch up. and its all discolored. but it works just fine. would replacing the actual digital screen fix it? before all of this, the phone appeared to work flawlessly. i have attached a photo of the phones screenView attachment 7287
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

deleted your duplicate post as requested.

Ya, that's definitely not jailbreak related. Jailbreaking will never cause hardware damage like that.

sigh, i see. he said theres a water absorbent inside the phone and it may have popped and tweaked out the screen...hes going to replace the lcd screen for me. but still, just wanted to double check. thank you very much