What's new

NEED help fast for my daughters iphone 4s

keigaro

Reaction score
HI ALL! New to the forum. I am having some issues trying to fix my daughters Iphone 4s.

What happened: Dropped out of back pocket in toilet.

Have tried: 1. Put in back of rice for 2 days, phone was working (could hear calls, messages, etc) but screen was black.

2. Ordered new LCD and digitizer, replaced on phone, still wouldnt come on.

3. Bought an IPhone 4s off of craigslist, replaced the motherboard/logic board, everything except the backlight works. Also, the phone we bought states it cannot be activated due to not being able to sign in icloud/apple id. Took her motherboard and put it in the phone we bought, and everything on the phone besides the backlight also works??? So i am guessing it wasnt her motherboard....put the phones back to they way both were originally, and both have the backlight problem. The phone we bought off craigslist was working fine before being dissected.

I am stumped and beyond confused on what to try next. I have tried putting in recovery mode and resetting. Nothing is working. Have to use a flashlight to see what the screen is saying. I hope someone can offer me some advice. She has a prepaid phone, so no insurance or anything.

Got to be honest, wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to go into an Apple Store and exchange it ??
Cost is £152 in the UK for a 16gb 4s .....

Some phones after being water can't not be repaired it is cheaper to get it replaced at a apple store
Although they won't replace if the phone has any aftermarket parts or show signs of tampering