What's new

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

This is the first time I've done a jailbreak on an iPhone and this is amazing. DreamBoard is unbelievable! Beautiful desktops and themes. Going to be so fun messing with people with these new appearances. And nice to have my tethering back.

Slightly off topic - but maybe not so much
I am more than a little disappointed that it appears there will be no windows version tonight (not even an eta for when it will be out at all), so I am willing to use VMWare PLAYER on my machine to do a virtual install of Lion. Problem is - all the write ups I see for this mention that it can be done using VMWare Player but never say HOW. They go on to describe in great detail how to do it in plain 'ol VMWare.... but they mention that it is a pay program that can be gotten illegally on the web. Wait! Wait! Dont delete this post!!

I am not looking for advice, tips links or anything at all to do with getting VMWare for free. VMWare PLAYER is completely free and legit from the makers website. I am looking for help on installing Lion with VMWare Player on a Vista machine. For that I am looking for advice, tips, links or anything at all to do with. And since there are a lot of windows users here, I thought others might be interested as well.

So if you know how to do this - or know a link.... could ya help me ouit?

Take care,
Rob

Slightly off topic - but maybe not so much
I am more than a little disappointed that it appears there will be no windows version tonight (not even an eta for when it will be out at all), so I am willing to use VMWare PLAYER on my machine to do a virtual install of Lion. Problem is - all the write ups I see for this mention that it can be done using VMWare Player but never say HOW. They go on to describe in great detail how to do it in plain 'ol VMWare.... but they mention that it is a pay program that can be gotten illegally on the web. Wait! Wait! Dont delete this post!!

I am not looking for advice, tips links or anything at all to do with getting VMWare for free. VMWare PLAYER is completely free and legit from the makers website. I am looking for help on installing Lion with VMWare Player on a Vista machine. For that I am looking for advice, tips, links or anything at all to do with. And since there are a lot of windows users here, I thought others might be interested as well.

So if you know how to do this - or know a link.... could ya help me ouit?

Take care,
Rob

Interested!!

All this time I've been waiting for the JB and it N E V E R occurred to me that I might have to wait for a windows version... :(

Interested!!

All this time I've been waiting for the JB and it N E V E R occurred to me that I might have to wait for a windows version... :(

Same! I am more than a little stunned. But it is what it is. To make matters worse - it appears that I may have issues installing Lion on my machine as it has an AMD processor. I am still willing to try (there is no risk involved) - but I need some help doin it lol!

Take care,
Rob

Why the wait though? Is it just because the software was written by apple so it makes it easier to do first with a Mac? Also, any know if I could use my VM running Ubuntu instead f lion?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Why the wait though? Is it just because the software was written by apple so it makes it easier to do first with a Mac? Also, any know if I could use my VM running Ubuntu instead f lion?

Better use OS X Lion or previous ones. I don't know what will the output of Ubuntu will be, but to avoid all kinda of glitch bugs freez, you would do better by using Apple OS.

Better use OS X Lion or previous ones. I don't know what will the output of Ubuntu will be, but to avoid all kinda of glitch bugs freez, you would do better by using Apple OS.

Thanks for the tip. I was just curios since they were both
Linux based systems lol. Also because I already have Ubuntu and don't want to go though the hassle of setting up a new VM

No, it's because, like most iPhone developers, the Chronic-Dev team uses Mac OSX so they need to hire somebody else to code the program for Windows

And no, it will not work on an Ubuntu VM, it will only work on an OSX VM.

No, it's because, like most iPhone developers, the Chronic-Dev team uses Mac OSX so they need to hire somebody else to code the program for Windows

Makes sense... Just wish they wouldn't have released until it was available to everyone. But glad they did. Guess I will sit tight for the windows version

Just install the VMware image... I did and it was worth the download! Been playing with cydia for the last 4 hours... xD

It wasn't illegal, at least I used my own generated lion imaged I used on my hackintosh...

And in VMware, It took 10 min to jb both iPhone and iPad. Super easy