What's new

Iphone 4s ios 5.0.1 406 ACTIVATION

eclipse75320

Reaction score
hello all i am new to the forum & i was hoping to get some answers about my iphone 4s. When i bought the iphone from a friend it was stuck on a "disactivated" screen. My friend told me that the message was due to the password being entered wrong consecutively. when i bought it i figured i would get past this with restoring the IOS. My mistake was, before going along with the Restore ( which was IOS 5.0.1 406 ) i didnt verify if it was on 5.0 or 5.0.1 405 nor did i verify the baseband. After the restore i get brought to the activation screen. Again i thought i can get past this by buying a micro sim card, which i did. The iphone reads the sim card because i get the 3G signal but then it tells me only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate the Iphone. According to my friend this iphone 4s came from Switzerland & Im currently in Dominican Republic . I dont know if the information my friend gave me is correct but im hoping there are ways to get past this. for example with a R-Sim or Gevey Sim, will one of those help complete the ACTIVATION ? if not, what can i do ?! thank you in advance to all those who provide input.

You will need an official SIM to activate the phone, ask the person you bought it from to send you a SIM and then you will need to purchase a Gevey Ultra S in order to unlock it.

Well at this point I'm just going to return the phone and get my $ back. There are 3 major wireless carriers in
Switzerland & I was looking to buy their SIMs online but the prices are exaggerated. Downgrading the iPhone won't help me I assume , right ? Also , if I do happen to get its original SIM it doesn't matter WHERE im located to complete the
Activation , correct ?

edit: since the the micro sim i bought for it works in the aspect of receiving signal , im assuming this iPhone is already unlocked. I read somewhere that the GSM iPhone 4s' released in Europe were already unlocked. Im thinking about waiting till snowbreeze can support the iphone 4s .. ?

Last edited:
If the phone was factory unlocked it would already work. Waiting for a bootrom exploit on A5 devices isn't going to help you.

eclipse75320 said:
Well at this point I'm just going to return the phone and get my $ back. There are 3 major wireless carriers in
Switzerland & I was looking to buy their SIMs online but the prices are exaggerated. Downgrading the iPhone won't help me I assume , right ? Also , if I do happen to get its original SIM it doesn't matter WHERE im located to complete the
Activation , correct ?

edit: since the the micro sim i bought for it works in the aspect of receiving signal , im assuming this iPhone is already unlocked. I read somewhere that the GSM iPhone 4s' released in Europe were already unlocked. Im thinking about waiting till snowbreeze can support the iphone 4s .. ?

Is it factory unlocked?

i guess its true what you say jmills but then what explains that it receives 3g signal just no activation. & a bootrom exploit/ hacktivate feature wont get me passed that ?

i honestly dont know if it is factory unlocked, i guess not since its not letting me get past activation without a "valid" sim. So what exactly would be considered a valid SIM ?

So from an official carrier from the phones ORIGIN OF PLACE ? Im aware that in Switzerland there is Orange, as there is here in Dominican Republic. The micro Sim i bought was from Orange, here they also offer Iphone 4s. I also tried an AT&T SIM card that i acquired from buying a blackberry torch a few months ago but still no luck.

yeah i understand that but hacktivating does get me past the activation right ?