What's new

Iphone 4s ios 5.0.1 406 ACTIVATION

eclipse75320

Reaction score
hello all i am new to the forum & i was hoping to get some answers about my iphone 4s. When i bought the iphone from a friend it was stuck on a "disactivated" screen. My friend told me that the message was due to the password being entered wrong consecutively. when i bought it i figured i would get past this with restoring the IOS. My mistake was, before going along with the Restore ( which was IOS 5.0.1 406 ) i didnt verify if it was on 5.0 or 5.0.1 405 nor did i verify the baseband. After the restore i get brought to the activation screen. Again i thought i can get past this by buying a micro sim card, which i did. The iphone reads the sim card because i get the 3G signal but then it tells me only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate the Iphone. According to my friend this iphone 4s came from Switzerland & Im currently in Dominican Republic . I dont know if the information my friend gave me is correct but im hoping there are ways to get past this. for example with a R-Sim or Gevey Sim, will one of those help complete the ACTIVATION ? if not, what can i do ?! thank you in advance to all those who provide input.

Jmills87

Reaction score
You will need an official SIM to activate the phone, ask the person you bought it from to send you a SIM and then you will need to purchase a Gevey Ultra S in order to unlock it.

OP
E

eclipse75320

Reaction score
Well at this point I'm just going to return the phone and get my $ back. There are 3 major wireless carriers in
Switzerland & I was looking to buy their SIMs online but the prices are exaggerated. Downgrading the iPhone won't help me I assume , right ? Also , if I do happen to get its original SIM it doesn't matter WHERE im located to complete the
Activation , correct ?

edit: since the the micro sim i bought for it works in the aspect of receiving signal , im assuming this iPhone is already unlocked. I read somewhere that the GSM iPhone 4s' released in Europe were already unlocked. Im thinking about waiting till snowbreeze can support the iphone 4s .. ?

Last edited:

Jmills87

Reaction score
If the phone was factory unlocked it would already work. Waiting for a bootrom exploit on A5 devices isn't going to help you.

reahn5678

Reaction score
eclipse75320 said:
Well at this point I'm just going to return the phone and get my $ back. There are 3 major wireless carriers in
Switzerland & I was looking to buy their SIMs online but the prices are exaggerated. Downgrading the iPhone won't help me I assume , right ? Also , if I do happen to get its original SIM it doesn't matter WHERE im located to complete the
Activation , correct ?

edit: since the the micro sim i bought for it works in the aspect of receiving signal , im assuming this iPhone is already unlocked. I read somewhere that the GSM iPhone 4s' released in Europe were already unlocked. Im thinking about waiting till snowbreeze can support the iphone 4s .. ?

Is it factory unlocked?

OP
E

eclipse75320

Reaction score
i guess its true what you say jmills but then what explains that it receives 3g signal just no activation. & a bootrom exploit/ hacktivate feature wont get me passed that ?

i honestly dont know if it is factory unlocked, i guess not since its not letting me get past activation without a "valid" sim. So what exactly would be considered a valid SIM ?

OP
E

eclipse75320

Reaction score
So from an official carrier from the phones ORIGIN OF PLACE ? Im aware that in Switzerland there is Orange, as there is here in Dominican Republic. The micro Sim i bought was from Orange, here they also offer Iphone 4s. I also tried an AT&T SIM card that i acquired from buying a blackberry torch a few months ago but still no luck.

OP
E

eclipse75320

Reaction score
yeah i understand that but hacktivating does get me past the activation right ?

Most reactions