What's new

Iphone 4 Truly Bricked? Please Help

mosschopz

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Jailbroken iPhone 4 on 4.1os I used the jailbreak this morning and installed cydia no probs all was well. I used a few apps like normal and it was working fine. I placed my phone into my car charge cradle and went to use the sat nav. The phone was dead and would not start up. I have tried the power home button reset nothing at all. I plugged it into my folks computer when i got there and nothing still. I am now home and I have had it plugged into the mains (original cable) still nothing. The phone has some heat while its plugged in as normal. I really dont think the Limerain jailbreak is the cause and i feel perhaps my car charger damaged the iphone with a spike of voltage or something?? Also im not sure if its normal but i can see the phones screen is solid black with a small border around it - is this normal to see when the phone is off? Im going to leave it plugged in until tomorrow and see what happens. Anyone think I should try leaving it to drain completely? If the screen doesnt normally have this solid black area when off im thinking its still on and has crashed in some way.

If nothing works im going to have to send it back to apple - in the hope they cannot turn it on either and they will replace it. It has definaltley not gotten wet and is 2 weeks old.

Any advice at all??

No, nothing no response is the black screen (very faint) normal when the iphone 4 is off - maybe I should leave it to drain

Hi,

Yes its plugged..not recognised in windows or by itunes and nothing when trying to enter DFU...im just hoping if I cant pull it back neither will apple and they will replace it. so gutted as you can imagine

Some progress !! I just tried again and the battery symbol appeared with a totally drained battery and the lightning symbol...no DFU or itunes message still...what shall i do now?

Hi,

Yes its plugged..not recognised in windows or by itunes and nothing when trying to enter DFU...im just hoping if I cant pull it back neither will apple and they will replace it. so gutted as you can imagine

Well if it won't boot they will exchange it. Just keep you fingers crossed they don't get it booted and see it was jailbroken...

I would just keep trying and maby let it charge for a bit. If the battery really is drained it won't show up on the pc.

Hi, at least now i know its not completley dead..what do you suggest now that the lightning symbol is there? I forgot to mention it was at 85% charge when it died. should i try to turn it on now? The charge indicator is not anitmated at all just at rock bottom. thanks for your help so far :)

Hi, at least now i know its not completley dead..what do you suggest now that the lightning symbol is there? I forgot to mention it was at 85% charge when it died. should i try to turn it on now? The charge indicator is not anitmated at all just at rock bottom. thanks for your help so far :)

All I know to do is just try unplugging it do a soft rest. Then go back to the pc and try again to get it to dfu mode. Just make sure your following the video exactly.

Well dunno what happened there!! The iphone displayed the apple sign 3 times then suddenly booted with 1% battery ...I waited until it had 5% and tranferred it to the mains plug. Its now back to life and acting as normal. Never entered DFU mode but itunes did recognise it. I wont be using my car cradle again!! Thanks for your time DannyBoy