What's new

Need help please:(

NickB3232

Reaction score
Hi, I got a bad problem on my hands and was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I recently damaged my iPhone 4S (jailbroken, 5.1.1) by getting water in it, and now it won't turn on at all. It wont even show the Apple Icon. However when I plug it into the charger and hold down the power button to turn it on as usual it turns on and I can use like usual but it cant connect to the internet, or my 3G. I want to get the warranty on it all set up so maybe I can get a new one, or get it repaired, but I can't send it in jailbroken.

So Im trying to restore it to factory settings but when I connect it to my computer (PC, Windows 7) all it does is go through this boot loop, and it keeps showing the Apple Icon for a little while and then turning off, and then doing the same thing over and over. It also does that if I plug it into the charger and don't do anything with it for a while. So after giving up on the computer Ive tried restoring directly from the iPhone, but when I try that it just shows the spinning loading circle for a while and then shuts off again, and when I reboot it, nothing has changed. I dont know what else to do? Please help! I could be in big trouble! Thanks.

The fact it's water damaged Apple won't try to fix it .....it will just be an exchange.....take it back get the exchange and say NOTHING....

hmm i think there is a fix to the boot loop what program did you use to jailbreak

hmm i think there is a fix to the boot loop what program did you use to jailbreak

It's WATER DAMAGED.....what's it matter about the jailbreak.....depending who you speak to at the Genius bar most Apple staff don't care about the jailbreak....

To get out the loop just reboot and hold the up volume key....this should throw you into SafeMode....

The very fact the iPhone is water damaged will cause it to work in an unpredictable way...

So your saying if the warranty is still active and its water damaged then the jailbreak doesnt matter, and that I'll get an exchange for a new one right away? Thanks for the replies guys, just tell me Im right there, and it looks like I got nothing to worry about:)!

No....check the small print....water damage may void the warranty...? have you got any insurance ?

A good friend of mine had a similar problem(jailbroken+water damaged)....after cleaning up any evidence of water damage we took the iPhone back under warranty....after much haggling with the guy behind the desk we got a replacement iPhone....