What's new

Phone stuck!!! Need help QUICK!!!

Reaction score
I converted my phone a while back to a white iphone but it had been doing a few glitchy things lately so I changed it back to the original black screen. I get the screen back on and the phone works fine, but realized that I forgot to swap the home button. Take everything back apart and fix that and when I put everything back together the phone will not turn on. I plug it up thinking the battery may have been dead and all it will do now is cycle the apple logo but will never actually boot. The apple logo pops up for a few seconds and then disappears and nothing ever happens. I've tried putting it in recovery mode and letting tinyumbrella fix it, but that didn't work. Now when I try and enter into recovery mode my computer makes a weird "usb-disconnect" sound (not like the normal sound you hear). Any ideas as to what I need to do to get it out of this loop?

Nobody has a clue what to do?!?! I mean I'm planning on going to the apple store as soon as I get out of class today but it would be nice if I didn't because 1)it's about 25 minutes away and 2)they'll probably wind up getting me a new phone which means it may have 4.2.10 on it and I'll wind up having to wait on a new jailbreak for iOS 5 and I'll have to spend hours getting everything back on it, including my 19GB worth of music!

Why would Apple give you a new phone? You took the phone apart which breaks the warranty.

I would suggest, since you already know how to, that you do a full tear down and rebuild it once again. Odds are, you missed something in the last rebuild because you were in a hurry due to missing the home button the first time.

Did you try a hard reset same happened to me once. And for some reason it only work when I held the home and power button a little harder then usual.

Why would Apple give you a new phone? You took the phone apart which breaks the warranty.

I would suggest, since you already know how to, that you do a full tear down and rebuild it once again. Odds are, you missed something in the last rebuild because you were in a hurry due to missing the home button the first time.
I tried that twice before I posted this. Didn't work. But for all apple knows my phone just randomly started doing that. What idiot is going to go in there telling them their phone is messing up and say "oh and it might be because I took the phone completely apart and put it back together..." knowing that comment would cost about $600 to get another phone? And I went today and got a new phone just as easy as pie.
Did you try a hard reset same happened to me once. And for some reason it only work when I held the home and power button a little harder then usual.
Yeah I tried pretty much everything. There had to be a battery issue because it got to the restore screen once but as soon as I unplugged it from the wall to hook it to my computer it went blank. It would only do anything at all when hooked to power. Apple got some error (1611 I think) when they tried to restore so he said any time they get that message it means they gotta give out a new phone.