What's new

iphone 4 in eternal recovery mode

jkio83

Reaction score
ok i jailbroke my iphone 4 with greenpoison, then synced it with itunes last night and it tried to upgrade to the new firmware, then it threw it into recovery mode. I tried to put it in DFU mode and use TinyUmbrella to "fix recovery mode" 10XX, but that doesn't work. now i think i have it in DFU mode and am trying to dowload itunes on a new computer with tinyumbrella to see if it will restore. i would like to just restore it back to its plain old self not jailbroken.

ok i jailbroke my iphone 4 with greenpoison, then synced it with itunes last night and it tried to upgrade to the new firmware, then it threw it into recovery mode. I tried to put it in DFU mode and use TinyUmbrella to "fix recovery mode" 10XX, but that doesn't work. now i think i have it in DFU mode and am trying to dowload itunes on a new computer with tinyumbrella to see if it will restore. i would like to just restore it back to its plain old self not jailbroken.

Itunes tried to upgrade the firmware without asking you???

i'm not sure i might have clicked ok before i noticed what it was asking

This just happened with a factory iPhone I just got for my wife last night. I got home and plugged it in iTunes to put her contacts and settings in. After I did that it asked me to upgrade, once I did that the phone went into recovery mode. I tried 10-15 times didnt work. Went to the Apple store and the helper plugged it in connected to iTunes and manually put it in DFU mode and it loaded up fine.

I was thinking I could've done that but thought when you manually do DFU it was only for jailbreaking but I guess not. Plug it in to iTunes hit restore and put in DFU mode manually. Try it might work.

help.. i used greenpoison to jailbreak my iphone.. and now its stuck!

I have the exact same problema, any news? any way to solve this? it´s driving me crazy.

I have the exact same problema, any news? any way to solve this? it´s driving me crazy.

What u can do at this point is to save shsh if you are concerned about unlock and about the firmware version. After saving your shsh with tinyU, just let itunes perform the upgrade, keep that upgrade if you like and jailbreak, if u don't then downgrade it and jailbreak it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What u can do at this point is to save shsh if you are concerned about unlock and about the firmware version. After saving your shsh with tinyU, just let itunes perform the upgrade, keep that upgrade if you like and jailbreak, if u don't then downgrade it and jailbreak it.

The thing is, i dont care about the version, i just want the iphone to be like new in thermes of software, i mean its just impossible just to restore from itunes it keeps sendin (14) (1600) error everytime i try to restore. I thought if i want to remove greenpoison from my iphone 4 - 4.1 all i need to do its restore iphone from itunes, but i get was an 14 error and an eternal recovery mode. Any help? :(
PD. is it possible to be bricked?

The thing is, i dont care about the version, i just want the iphone to be like new in thermes of software, i mean its just impossible just to restore from itunes it keeps sendin (14) (1600) error everytime i try to restore. I thought if i want to remove greenpoison from my iphone 4 - 4.1 all i need to do its restore iphone from itunes, but i get was an 14 error and an eternal recovery mode. Any help? :(
PD. is it possible to be bricked?

Follow the link here and see if that help. The solution advice in that link is for snowbreez and pwnage tools, i don't know if it can helps with greenpoison, but check it out.

Go to C:Windows/System32/drivers/etc and open the hosts file with notepad.

Completely remover the line that has gs.apple.com in it. Make sure you save it and that iTunes is not running when you do it. It's also best to restart your computer...