What's new

iPhone 4 tethering - $20 extra, 2GB limit. REALLY? lol

atn_chargers

Reaction score
AT&T, you've gotta be kidding me right? I can't believe they have this kind of choke-hold us. I thought this was America? I thought this was a free country? If so, then why do other countries get to choose and select better service carriers, better plans, ect.? AT&T is legally pick-pocketing every cent they can from their customers. I love the Apple iPhone and I think it's the most polished and user friendly phone out there on the market, but I refuse to give a single dollar to the ravishing thieves at AT&T. Tethering should be free if you're already paying a unlimited data plan. It should not cost you an extra $20, and there should not be a cap limit of 2GB. AT&T is a joke. I will gladly buy an iPhone at full price, get it unlocked, and use on T-Mobile.

I'm sorry for the ranting, but I just cannot believe what AT&T is doing to us. Lets just get this damn exclusivity contract deal over with so AT&T can suffer better competitive prices.

I pay $5 a month for unlimited 3G data and unlimited tethering. A fraction of the cost for what AT&T is asking.

DAMN YOU TO HELL AT&T!

I don't know how you get that price. I checked out t-mobile and verizon plans before I signed for another 2 years and the unlimited was 30 bucks for all 3 and in total t-mobile was a few bucks less for worse service and verizon was a few bucks more for arguably better service. Believe me I would like to pay a lot less than 90 bucks a month but I didn't find any real alternatives. Tethering would be nice but I am not sure I would even use it anyway.

I've been on there t-zone plan. Had it ever since 2005 i think. But that's not the point. The point is they're charging an extra $20 for something that should be free. Enough with all that crap. How do you like your iphone 4?

Well it's not news to me that mobile phone companies are borderline criminal but they all do the same stuff. Hell if I had the option of just paying for the Internet and that's it, I would strongly consider it. I hardly use it as a phone or for texting people would just have to learn to email me as most already do anyway. That said I do love my iPhone. It has for most intents and purposes replaced my laptop which I am not sure I expected even. In fact I have lost my power supply and I am not in a big rush to replace it.

Do you know about the billions of dollars AT&T and others have invested to carry the large amount of data the iPhone requires. And, NO, I don't work for one of the networks.

Do you know about the billions of dollars AT&T and others have invested to carry the large amount of data the iPhone requires. And, NO, I don't work for one of the networks.

Oh spare me. Att is one of my famillies biggest bills and they are the 27th largest grossing companies in the world. They make more money than Ford and is up there with freaking oil companies. Me thinks they could drop my bill by half and still do pretty good. It's GREED.

Oh spare me. Att is one of my famillies biggest bills and they are the 27th largest grossing companies in the world. They make more money than Ford and is up there with freaking oil companies. Me thinks they could drop my bill by half and still do pretty good. It's GREED.

I really hope you are joking. If you dont like it then switch services. No one is forcing you to stay with ATT. You really want ATT to drop your bill by HALF? LOL.....While youre at it why dont you go ahead and cut your yearly salary by half as well. I guarantee you could find a way to survive on half your salary. You are greedy for making as much as you do (whatever amount it is). LOL

I really hope you are joking. If you dont like it then switch services. No one is forcing you to stay with ATT. You really want ATT to drop your bill by HALF? LOL.....While youre at it why dont you go ahead and cut your yearly salary by half as well. I guarantee you could find a way to survive on half your salary. You are greedy for making as much as you do (whatever amount it is). LOL

I make barely enough to cover by bills as it is thanks.

beezy, i feel for you man. It's tough these days making the money esp when your with a carrier called AT&T :p! Ehh.. jailbreak ftw if you want tethering, none of that $20 bullocks.

beezy, i feel for you man. It's tough these days making the money esp when your with a carrier called AT&T :p! Ehh.. jailbreak ftw if you want tethering, none of that $20 bullocks.

I don't really need tethering but it's the point that you are already paying for "unlimited" bandwidth. Paying 50 bucks for ONE 3G connection is hiway robbery especially when you already pay close to 100 bucks per phone total. It's pretty simple. These companies can do whatever the hell they want when they are bigger than Jesus.