What's new

iPhone 4 Stuck in Boot Loop and Won't Restore in iTunes

Based

Reaction score
Well, I'm having quite the problem with my iPhone 4, and I'm in need of some help.

The beginning of my problem:

I've noticed my iPhone 4 has been randomly turning off. It started two days ago when I took the case off my phone (weird, huh?), and it just shut off. I couldn't turn it on until I plugged it into the charger. After I plugged it into the charger, I unplugged it and everything was good until the next day. It was also stuck in a reboot cycle, for a minute or two, then it just fixed itself.

I'm not sure what could be the problem. Possibly:
1. Got the screen repaired (not by Apple), and applying pressure to the screen makes the "bevel warp" (no idea what to call it, but just imagine pushing on a flat screen TV, laptop screen, calculator screen). Taking off the case makes put pressure on the screen, so I'm not sure if that could turn it off.
2. I recently installed SiriPort (day before I got the problem. I also uninstalled it yesterday, which I think started the problems).

I uninstalled SiriPort after it happened the second time I had to plug it in to turn it on.. Now my phone is just in a reboot cycle (it shows the Apple logo for two seconds then turns off and repeats), and I can only turn it on when it's plugged it as well. It was fine for a minute, then it couldn't find any service (WiFi or 3G), and it said restore in iTunes. When I went to go restore, it turned off and got stuck in this boot cycle.

I put my phone into Pwned DFU mode with iReb, then go to iTunes and restore. It just sits on the "Verifying iPhone Restore with Apple" section and gives me the 16xx errors. I've done everything recommended to fix them and it's not working for me. My phone keeps on turning on and off during the restore process, could that be it? I've done the Shift + Click option with 5.1 firmware, but it's still not working.

I've followed the following tutorial,
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...afe-method-restore-current-version-ios-26019/, but I'm still getting the 16xx errors (it just sits on "Verifying iPhone Restore with Apple"). I've also tried doing it on a different computer, but it didn't work.

I'm starting to get a little nervous my phone is bricked. Any help would be
greatly ​appreciated.

Sending it into the Apple Store and getting a new one. Although I got it to restore (took it a countless amount of times to work), but it still shuts off. I'm assuming it's a battery problem.

how did u get it to restore? and does apple replace it for free?

chuweey said:
how did u get it to restore? and does apple replace it for free?

Yes...Apple replaces your iDevice 100% free but only if it's still under warranty.