What's new

iP4 stuck in 'boot loop'

InertProtocol

Reaction score
Hi all,

Power cycled my iP4 this morning, now it's stuck in a 'boot loop'.

I get the apple logo on the screen for a while, then the slide to unlock screen. Once i hit the slide (or even if i don't) the devcie will reboot, again i get the Apple logo etc...

Any thoughts?.

Thanks!

Hi,

Well it updated and rebooted this morning when connected to iTunes, this was while restoring to try and resolve my problem this morning. So 6.0.1.

And no, not Jailbroken, never has been.

Ah, let me clarify.

On 6.0 this morning. Had 3G issues, so powered off. Device then went silly and started the loop.

Connected to iTunes to restore. It did the Update & Restore so updated to 6.0.1 then tried the restore. Still have the same issue. I did 'Setup as new phone' to start again, so i get to the unlock screen, as if it were back out the box. It still loops however.

It might be a bad copy of the com.apple.springboard.plist. Try restoring once again and make sure you're in DFU mode and shift+click Restore in iTunes and pointing it to the iOS IPSW (that you can download below) rather than just clicking Restore.

Or since you've already updated to iOS 6.0.1 as you've said, Apple by default downloads and saves the IPSW at the below directory.

<Driver Letter>:\Users\<PC Username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Just point iTunes back there after shift+clicking Restore AFTER you're in DFU mode.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/