What's new

iPhone 5 Boot Loop Can't Restore Help

mikedahammer

Reaction score
The screen in my iphone 5 went dead so i ordered a new replacement screen and after i installed it i am stuck with the following two scenarios.

Scenario One: I can get the plug into itunes screen but itunes will not restore and I can get to give me an error 9 and 3194. The 9 is what i get when i try and restore to 8.3 (which is what was on it before the issue). The 3194 happens when i try anything above or below 8.3. I tried the 8.4 beta and the 9 beta and the 8.2. I have tried different computers, different cables, but nothing. I have tried it in DFU mode etc. What the issue is that the phone will reboot and will not load the ipsw file and therefore the restore is interrupted and thus why i get the error 9. iTunes will recognize the phone and the serial number but i cannot restore.
youtube video of issue:

Scenario Two: I turn the phone on and i get a boot loop that is endless and itunes won't recognize the device.
youtube video of issue:

The phone has never been jailbroken that i know of. Please help me out. I got nothing.

The 3194 error normally means that you're trying to install an incompatible firmware on your iPhone. Are you sure you're downloading the correct iOS 8.3 file for your model? iOS 8.3 is the only iOS version you can install on your iPhone.

There is more than one model of iPhone 5. If you haven't already done so, try the files for the other models.

Yeah i am fairly confident in the correct file format. I only get the 3194 when i try to force an earlier ios or later ios file. I get the 9 when i try the 8.3 and i have even had itunes download it automatically but when it tries to install it resets (error 9) before it get through the installation.

Last edited:
Disable security software or make sure it's not preventing your device from communicating with Apple servers.
Try restoring again.