What's new

iPhone 4 Screen Problem

clifflee

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've recently cracked the screen on my iPhone 4, and decided that I was handy enough to order a new screen and do the replacement myself. While I thought that I did everything right, once the phone was put back together it only displays a dim light. There are no images and everything else seems to be fully functional (i.e. vibrates when plugged in or put in silent, rings for a call, "lights up" when I push the home button, ...) Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem? I have taken the phone apart multiple times in order to ensure that everything is connected, and the same thing continues to occur. Are there certain screws or cords I should direct my attention towards? Any possible suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ive taken apart and replaced the screen on a 3GS so i am familiar with the inner workings of our phones, just not sure how the 4 compares to the 3GS in terms of how its put together. But...is it possible one of the ribbon connectors inside isnt mated correctly to the board? i had a problem with those connectors when i was putting back together my 3GS and they can be difficult at times to get to stay in place while you snap everything back together.

just an idea, sorry i cant be more help.

Ever figure out what the problem was? I am having the same problem