What's new

Iphone 4 LCD screen Replacement

sandy

Reaction score
Hey
I cracked my Iphone 4 screen, I ordered a replacement and put the screen on. I followed exact directions in the video i saw on Youtube. I put in everything the way it was suppose to go back. (I think). I turned my phone on...everything is working. The screeen, the camera, internet, text. Except one thing. When I receive or make a call...I cant hear the other person. They can hear me. I can hear them if i have them on speaker phone, head set, or bluetooth. But i cant hear them through the iphone. Can someone please tell me what I couldve done wrong. Or what i need to do to get that fixed. Please

Thank You

Sandy:phone::iphone4vert:

Hey
I cracked my Iphone 4 screen, I ordered a replacement and put the screen on. I followed exact directions in the video i saw on Youtube. I put in everything the way it was suppose to go back. (I think). I turned my phone on...everything is working. The screeen, the camera, internet, text. Except one thing. When I receive or make a call...I cant hear the other person. They can hear me. I can hear them if i have them on speaker phone, head set, or bluetooth. But i cant hear them through the iphone. Can someone please tell me what I couldve done wrong. Or what i need to do to get that fixed. Please

Thank You

Sandy:phone::iphone4vert:

Sounds like a damaged speaker the one that is glued to the screen at the top. Or maybe the connector wasn't seated properly..... Seems to be a common issue with first time installers...

agreed ^ its harder then thought to get them lil cables in place, i am 99.99999999999 % sure thats the issue here

This can be one of two things...

1. It could be a faulty earpiece speaker. There are companies offering iPhone earpiece speaker repair services.

2. It could be the common fault where the iPhone thinks there are headphones plugged into the socket. Try clearing out the headphone jack, or if that fails, there are also companies offering an iPhone headphone jack repair service.

Hope this helps!