What's new

iPhone 4 running Android OS yet?

Not trying to be funny or anything but what compeles you to want to use android on a iphone and not just buy a android phone?

Not trying to be funny or anything but what compeles you to want to use android on a iphone and not just buy a android phone?

And in addition android is very cheap btw, so I don't really get his point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I personally like iOS more but it would be nice to have two operating systems on one phone, but I like some of the features android has just not they're phones.

The quality of the iPhone hardware is way beyond any of the Android phones that I own, however, there are still several things missing from iOS that Android has. First thing missing is a native turn by turn navigation application...I cannot believe how much I miss having this.

The quality of the iPhone hardware is way beyond any of the Android phones that I own, however, there are still several things missing from iOS that Android has. First thing missing is a native turn by turn navigation application...I cannot believe how much I miss having this.

Spend some money and get navigon. You will have it then. There is one called motion x cheaper, but it is a annual fee. Navigon you pay one time, you can get regional or national. I use it and works great, you can even be on the phone when it's running and will announce your turns thru your Bluetooth headset.

I came from the droid x, I love the iPhone. It works, I'm not always tweaking something to make it work like I was with the droid. I am more then willing to pay for a nice navigation program to have a working phone.

Last edited:
Well that is just one thing I miss. So you like the navigon app more than the tomtom?

Truthfully I really like the iPhone, as I mentioned, hardware quality is excellent. The last device I used was the Droid X, and while I really liked the phone, it does not compare with the iPhone when it comes to hardware and call quality.

I really hope we see a larger screen and 4G support on the next iPhone!

I agree. There are things missing in iOS, like the notification system.. It's horrible ! Anybody know of any good Cydia apps for notifications? But still I want to know how far along they are because so far they only have android running on the iPhone 2G and 3G and The iPod Touch 1G.

Oh the notification is horrible...they need to add and LED and allow more customization for alert tones. Oh and allow a signature for each e mail address.

Yea they do, and like not have the notifications pop up and pause what you're doing. :( So do you know of any Cydia hacks or tweaks for notifications??

I am also agree that if we are able to enjoy iOS and Android OS in iPhone what a cool thing is that.This is just dream but what a cool thing to use both OS in one phone just switch one OS to others.iOS is the best but I also want to check android os.

nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds on one device... would waste a lot of that 16 or 32GB though