What's new

iPhone 4 in-call trick!

jvanillawafers

Reaction score
When I first received my iPhone 4, during a call I would, on accident, mute it or hang up or do whatever else there was to do with my face because of the lack of locking the phone if it wasnt on speaker phone. I dont know how i found this trick out but people should let me know if it works for their iphone 4 aswell

Locking your phone without putting it in speaker phone or hanging up your call can be done with these steps

1. Call someone
2. Place call on speaker mode
3. Lock the phone while on speaker mode
4. Unlock phone while on speaker mode
5. Get out of speaker mode
6. Press the home button and your call should lock despite the fact that youre out of speaker mode.

You can easily unlock the phone just by pressing home again and sliding your bar. Im actually able to hold the phone with my ear and shoulder now without worrying about hanging up or muting myself!

Hopefully this would reduce agony to all of you suffer from the "face touching" problem with the iPhone 4. :)

If your able to press buttons with your face while in a call then you have a problem with the proximity sensor. It's a common problem with the iPhone 4 and apple will give you a replacement free of charge providing its still under warranty...

Apparently the white iphone 4 version suffered from this issue.

Apple helped by releasing a fix in their updates.

Also some screen shields cause issues as most are not cut out for the sensor !

As said if your still having this issue then book an appointment with you local apple genius bar and they will probably swap it for a new unit.

My wife had the same problem with her white iPhone with two different cases. The sensor worked fine outside the case. We removed the plastic piece from the inside of the Otter box case and it works great now.