What's new

iPhone 4 Low Ear Volume

cruizer

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the iphone 4, and I swear that the internal and external speaker volumes have noticeably decreased. The phone is only 6 months old.
In order to hear people now, I have to press the phone against my face really really hard.
No I do not have a protective cover on it, and the original was removed.
Yes the in call volume is up all the way.

Thanks!

cruizer said:
Hello,

I have the iphone 4, and I swear that the internal and external speaker volumes have noticeably decreased. The phone is only 6 months old.
In order to hear people now, I have to press the phone against my face really really hard.
No I do not have a protective cover on it, and the original was removed.
Yes the in call volume is up all the way.

Thanks!

Try and do a restore in iTunes first..that might correct it..if not an apple store is your next step

a restore will erase all the date on my phone, right?

cruizer said:

Back it up first with iTunes. When u do a restore all your data should go back in

cruizer said:

Usually not best to restore from a backup "when you are restoring to fix a problem". Often times, the "problem files" are just restored back to the phone after you restore from backup. I would use an "old" backup file. Not the most recent one.

Plus you can restore and setup as new device a not lose any contact, notes, calendars, reminders, apps or music.

All you have to do is toggle everything on in Settings> iCloud> toggle everything on.

Once you restore and setup as new, everything you toggled on in iCloud before restoring will be restored to your phone even of you do not restore from a backup.

When using iCloud the only things you lose in a restore and setup as new is app data (game progress), call history and all SMS history.

However you could restore from backup and be just fine. Ya never know. I alway setup as new when I want to fix a problem, and setting up as new "always" fixes it. But that's just me.

Another good thing about setting up as new is if the problem is still there after setting up as new device then you at least know it is a hardware problem and not something that can be fixed by restoring the software.