What's new

Low volume

stcat

Reaction score
i put my iphone4 on the table and noticed i have accidentally touched something and placed a call. So i hastily cancelled it,(dont know if i also activated something at the same time) and the next thing is the voices are barely audible during calls. so i checked all controls, turned the vol. to max. during calling etc. but the problem still continues.
The volume is good when i use the headphones or speakers on the phone, its just that the earpiece on the phone sounds very low.
iphone4 version is 4.0.1 (8A306). i should also add that it is jailbroken.
i am thinking of upgrading to a higher version.
any suggestions?

That doesn't sound good if all of the volumes are turned up on the phone. Obviously there is no junk or anything covering the ear piece speaker is there?

You've obviously tried a reboot. What about a restore? If it still is like that after a restore contact Apple and tell them it just happened (don't mention JB of course).

That doesn't sound good if all of the volumes are turned up on the phone. Obviously there is no junk or anything covering the ear piece speaker is there?

You've obviously tried a reboot. What about a restore? If it still is like that after a restore contact Apple and tell them it just happened (don't mention JB of course).
Thanks for the answer mate.
I must add that I found some very minor amount of Honey at the left side of the receiver. Obviously i smeared it here accidentally. I examined it with 60x microscope and found a minor drop of honey on the receiver and cleaned i with etil alcohol, it seemed to increase the vol. a bit but still there is a problem. The reciver sounds as if the headphones are connected.
I am good on electronics and I think that that minor honey drop is not the cause of the problem.
I rebooted, now i am thinking of restoring...

How did you get on?

Hopefully you can get rid of all that honey :)

Another thing not to mention to Apple if you end up taking it back to them :)

stcat said:
Thanks for the answer mate.
I must add that I found some very minor amount of Honey at the left side of the receiver. Obviously i smeared it here accidentally. I examined it with 60x microscope and found a minor drop of honey on the receiver and cleaned i with etil alcohol, it seemed to increase the vol. a bit but still there is a problem. The reciver sounds as if the headphones are connected.
I am good on electronics and I think that that minor honey drop is not the cause of the problem.
I rebooted, now i am thinking of restoring...

I have the same exact problem. My earpiece volume is now barely audible all of a sudden. It works well through my headset or on speaker phone. Stcat....what did they say about your problem?

I'm using a 4s I bought on the 2nd of December so it's brand new and I've been having the volume issue too! I haven't jailbreaked it or anything but I've been taking all my calls on speaker because they're so inaudable!

I'm using a 4s I bought on the 2nd of December so it's brand new and I've been having the volume issue too! I haven't jailbreaked it or anything but I've been taking all my calls on speaker because they're so inaudable!

Have you taken the protective film off? Just out of quriosity? :)

craigfoot said:
How did you get on?

Hopefully you can get rid of all that honey :)

Another thing not to mention to Apple if you end up taking it back to them :)

I totally agree. If you tell apple you spilt a little bit of honey on it. You might as well have told them you soak it in a jar of honey once a day.

ok, this is my first post
i had issues with low volume and inaudible conversations.. after much frustration, managed to find out why..i accidently bumped the volume keys when using the the speaker function during a call
so, in order to fix the prob, place a call (say your voicemail), click hide keypad
press the 'speaker' space on the top right hand side of the screen
adjust the volume on the left to maximum then end the call
i believe this should mean the next time you make a call, the other person's voice should be heard much clearer..
hope this works for you all