What's new

IPHONE 4 Low volume problem please help

wrestleuk

Reaction score
hi guys i bought the iphone 4 the oter day and it was all fine however the volume when on a call has suddenly dropped so low i can barely here the person on the other end i have the volume up to the max and the volume in settings is full aswell

the problem started just today and the volume is fine for everything else only when using the phone i have turned the voulume up to full seperately when on a call and that has not helped

im not sure if its related but this has happened after i updated the iphone software which came on when i put itunes on earlier today

ivejust done a test while making a call the call volume is full and when i turn it down just a few notches not even half way its completely silent the people at the other end can here me fine its only happening my end

The three R's will solve this,

1. Reset. Hold both the lock and home buttons at the same time until you see the apple logo (about 10 seconds)

If that doesn't work,

2. Restore. Plug you phone into iTunes and select it from the list on the left. Then press restore.

If that still doesn't work

3. Return. Take it back to apple. Tell them you've already done a reset and a restore. They should give you a replacement in the spot...

hi i know this is incredibly silly but it happened to me ... have you taken the protective cover off?

i had this problem before. Problem is either weak signal and/or overtime, speakers goes weak and it won't be as loud as day one. That's a fact.

hi i know this is incredibly silly but it happened to me ... have you taken the protective cover off?

I am quite gratified to find I am not the only person to have done this. As soon as I removed that, everything was just peachy.

I almost looked around to see if anyone saw me being so dopey.