What's new

iphone 4 home button sometimes unresponsive and proper charging/discharging of batt

Thundercracker

Reaction score
hi guys! just want to know how to solve some minor problems. sometimes my home button dont much response. maybe after 1-3 press, it responses. how come some iphones are like that? is there any remedy for this? i already owned 2 iphones 4, my 1st one(already lost) has a very responsive home button, only press needs. but my 2nd unit now is not like that.

about the charging and discharging batteries, what is the proper way? is it true that shallow or partial discharging makes Li batteries more longer? ex i charged my fone to 100%. then used it until has 80% remaining battery. then charge it again to 100%. then use it til its 30% remaining. then charged it again to 100%. then use it again until it is 90% remaining and charge it again to 100%.. the whole charging is equivalent to 1 full charge cycle. is this a proper way? need ur help about this tnx...

for the home button try this, put your charger in the dock lift the right side of the charger up a bit until you hear a slight click ( this is supposed to push the button up ). I cant remember where I read this but it was supposed to work, however try at your own risk.

i dont get it. what dock lift? is that the iphone dock? i dont have one...

Thundercracker said:
i dont get it. what dock lift? is that the iphone dock? i dont have one...

The dock where you out your charger