What's new

Iphone 4 home button inconsistent

TheBigGiantHead

Reaction score
Anyone else's iphone 4 home button a little inconsistent? If i were put it into a ratio i would say maybe 1 out of every 5 times i press it, it doesnt work. so for example, if i double press it for my multi-tasking bar sometimes it wont work and will take me to search or sometimes when my phone is asleep i have to press it a couple time to get it to wake up.

My best friend has the same problem with his 3GS (which he just had replaced less than a year ago due to his screen crapping out). is it just wear and tear or is there a possible defect with some of the iphone buttons?

Either a possible defect (if your unit's still brand new) or a wear-and-tear due to constant pressing of the home button thus making it become uncrisp.

I got mine replaced under warranty a couple months ago for this. If yours is still within the warranty period bring it into the apple store.

Personally, I think most iPhones have this anomaly. I also don't believe it's the physical button at fault but the iOS and processes running, RAM, etc. Perhaps the iOS is "very busy" when you push the button, and it doesn't recognize the touch. Note: I've noticed that whenever I press my Home button to come out of Sleep, it always works well. But I also have to tap the Home button several times while it is awake.

I would agree it might have something to do with iOS because some days it seems to be fine while others days its like i said, inconsistent.

I'll usually keep my multi-tasking down to a minimum but i'll keep a closer eye on things in regards to RAM usage and see if it affects my home button at all.