What's new

Recalibrate Your iPhone’s Home Button

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Came across this while browsing another iPhone information site. The author of the article I read stated this is a "known trick that's been floating around for some time", but I had never heard of it. I performed these 3 easy steps earlier tonight and it does seem to have made my home button more responsive.

Step 1: Open a stock app, like Weather or Stocks.

Step 2: Press and hold your power button until “slide to power off” appears and release.

Step 3: Press and hold your Home button until the “slide to power off” goes away, and the app force quits.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sorry for the steps being all smashed together... my computer isn't cooperating w/ me tonight.

Good deal! I've never had an overbearing issues w/ the home button on my iPhones... guess that's why I didn't know this. Thank for the edit, btw!! :)

Hi. I've tried that a few times, but my Home button is so screwed, it won't respond. :p

So I tried to circumvent things by using the Assistive Touch feature. I upgraded to 5.1.1, but I'm still not seeing it as an option in my Accessibility area. And I've scoured around, but can't seem to find AT for download.

Any thoughts or assistance?

Thanks so much. :) Sue

Last edited:
Spahrtygirl said:
Hi. I've tried that a few times, but my Home button is so screwed, it won't respond. :p

So I tried to circumvent things by using the Assistive Touch feature. I upgraded to 5.1.1, but I'm still not seeing it as an option in my Accessibility area. And I've scoured around, but can't seem to find AT for download.

Any thoughts or assistance?

Thanks so much. :) Sue

Well that don't make any sense.

Are you 100% positive that Assistive Touch is not in General> Accessibility

It's rite on the very bottom of the Accessibility rite above the triple "Triple Click Home" on my 5.0.1 device.

Seems very unlikely that Apple would remove this.

Post a screenshot of the bottom half of your Accessibility page.

Nice!! I was going to go to the store today because my home button had been sticky (I sometimes had to press it 5 times before it responded and never have dropped it, let water touch it, etc), but now I don't have to. Brilliant!

I have tries this home button recalibrating thing Amy times and still alway have a slight delay....it is very slight....but my iPod 4G's home button is slightly more responsive.

Idk...since it seems to work for most other people I may just order a new home button+connector.

I wonder if I can fit the "supposed" iPhone 5 home button in there.lol.

Hi, Zig.

Since my Home button's not working, I can't get a screen-shot (I think I press the Power button and then Home button?). But I can get around things by powering off, which then brings up the icons. When I go into Accessibility, I have VoiceOver, Zoom, Large Text, White on Black, Mono Audio, Speak Auto-Text, and Triple-Click Home. And I re-downloaded 5.1.1 last night.

Maybe "Precious" (my phone...haha) is a dud. I've only got an iPhone 4...perhaps this option's not available for 4. Guess I should have checked that before I started crying in the forum. :-/

And yay for LizTracy!

Spahrtygirl said:
Hi, Zig.

Since my Home button's not working, I can't get a screen-shot (I think I press the Power button and then Home button?). But I can get around things by powering off, which then brings up the icons. When I go into Accessibility, I have VoiceOver, Zoom, Large Text, White on Black, Mono Audio, Speak Auto-Text, and Triple-Click Home. And I re-downloaded 5.1.1 last night.

Maybe "Precious" (my phone...haha) is a dud. I've only got an iPhone 4...perhaps this option's not available for 4. Guess I should have checked that before I started crying in the forum. :-/

And yay for LizTracy!

Well I have an iPhone 4 also, but I am on 5.0.1.

I would try to find another person with 5.1.1 and see of the tab is missing on they're's too.