What's new

iphone 4 cannot restore after update ios 5.0.1 unknown error 1

pu3_siakap

Reaction score
hi guys.. i'm new here and i wish you can help me. i've had jailbroke my iphone 4 with greenpoison ios 4.3 something (i can't remember but i know its ios 4 something). i haven't plugged in my iphone to itunes since i jailbroke it. but last night, the stupidest thing i did, i plugged it to my computer and try to update my iphone 4 to ios5.0.1.. my itunes update to ios5.0.1 perfectly and my iphone went to recovery mode but can't restore!! and everytime i try to restore it, the unknown error (1) or unknown error (3194) popped out. i got rid of the unknown error (3194) by deleting the two last lines in host file c://system32/driver/host but i still can't get through the unknown error 1. i downloaded tinyumbrella and it didn't detect my iphone at all. i also did the recovery fix on redsnow,got an error,still no luck... i really want my iphone back, anything.. i don't care if it means clean restore or i lost everything inside. but how? can anyone please guide me through this. i've googled through the internet and tried everything for more than 24hours now. Apple store is 3hours away from my home, i will go there this weekend, but that means i have to live without my phone for 3days which is insane! thank you in advance for everything. please, help me

Putri siakap? Org malaysia ke?

Ok, my 2 cents, im also a noob but i try to help.

First thing to do, download the current ios version ipsw to ur desktop, enter ur phone into dfu mode, by using itunes shift+restore and point it to the ipsw that u download earlier. This might help.

haah org malaysia :)
did that, still unknown error (1) :(

Alamak putri! Looks like u muat wait for the veteran to help la. Ive tried to, but im no expert in this thingy. Haha.

Tunggu la diorang. They might be sleeping skrg aince kite punye time difference sgn diorg.

haha okay.. omg seriously this thing is killing me. dah mcm org gila dah hahaha.anyways tq ye :)

ok putri, still there?

this might help a bit since i read from discussion in apple forum, they use redsnow to recover that.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules. No external links. We have a tutorial for this on OUR SITE!

this one is about ipad but it works for iphone too. just follow the instruction.
tell me if it works. cheers. nnt bole blanje makan. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.trying now. kalau jadi, i belanja u.hehehe anyways ape maksud ni? Copy Redsn0w to your /Applications folder on your start up drive.. ?

erm, i think u can try to ignore that. i believe it was some kind of installation of redsnow maybe.

just run the redsnow. :)