What's new

IPhone 4 battery life?

laura331

Reaction score
I just got my iphone 4 yesterday, took it out the box and called to activate it, charged it for about 15 minutes, and the starter guide said to charge all the way, then hook up to itunes and activate, so im not sure if its a big deal that I didn't charge it up all the way at first. Before i went to sleep last night i put it on the charger all night, and i used my iphone on and off all day today playing games, facebooking, a couple short calls, etc from 7:15 AM to 6:15 PM probably, and at around 6:15 PM it had 20% battery left, is this the average battery life? thanks for your time!

I mainly surf the web, listen to music, play games, text, on my usage it says: Usage: 3 hours 21 minutes. Standby: 9 hours 8 minutes. and its at 56% off battery left right now, its at half-way brightness, 3g is off but wifi is on.

Hi Laura!

There are several threads about this because it's an issue for most of us. The good news is that there are things you can do to get the most out of your battery life. Here is a link to another thread, with all sorts of great ideas. I've done most of these and the difference is amazing!

Click here to link to other thread about battery life.

Good luck :)

the iPhone’s battery is — like all iPod batteries — not user-replaceable. And like every battery ever made, it’s going to lose the ability to hold a charge over time. While the stories about the iPhone’s battery evaporating in two years are simply wrong, the fact is that sooner or later the iPhone’s battery will die. Two years of use, the review says, and your iPhone dies

Not true the battery in the iphone 4 is easily replaced! 2 screws back cover comes off unplug the battery plug in new battery put rear cover back 2 screws and your done 5 minutes tops!!!