What's new

iPhone 4 - Baseband 4.3 unlock

FullOfJosh

Reaction score
hi,
One of my friend has bought an iPhone4 from gray market in London whose sim is locked now. I want to unlock that phone as well as free from network provider obligations to be used on any network.
Please let me know how to do that. Also, Can you tell me whether after unlock will I be able to use that phone in UK or do i have to use that phone in another country outside UK. Also, please let me know after unlock whether phone will be able to manage the updates from iTunes if any update in future.
Thanks & regards
Josh

Depending on your baseband you should be able to unlock using ultrasnow from cydia. You can jailbreak you device using pwnage tool or snowbreez or rednow. After jailbreak and unlock, you will be able to upgrade your device for new firmwares in the future, but again after upgrading you will have to jailbreak and unlock again.
Once you unlock your phone, you will be able to use it in any country including in the UK of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you are on 4.3 as the thread title suggests then you can't unlock at the moment...

hi,
One of my friend has bought an iPhone4 from gray market in London whose sim is locked now. I want to unlock that phone as well as free from network provider obligations to be used on any network.
Please let me know how to do that. Also, Can you tell me whether after unlock will I be able to use that phone in UK or do i have to use that phone in another country outside UK. Also, please let me know after unlock whether phone will be able to manage the updates from iTunes if any update in future.
Thanks & regards
Josh

the uk sell them factory unlocked? but even the carriers if you use it with the carrier its locked to for X amount of time they will factory unlock it for you, there is no point waiting for these unlock tools they are very un reliable and atm there is no unlock for your baseband unless you buy a gevey sim but i would not advise it.

what carrier is it locked to? if you know

Thanks for your reply. What does "the uk sell them factory unlocked?" mean?
The carrier is T mobile and i have the sim but it has stopped working, i guess its has been locked by T mobile.

Baseband is 4.3 in the mobile. So please suggest a way to unlock this or do i have to wait for some time to get a proper permanent unlocking of phone.

Thanks & Regards
Josh

The carrier is T mobile and i have the sim but it has stopped working, i guess its has been locked by T mobile.

Baseband is 4.3 in the mobile. So please suggest a way to unlock this or do i have to wait for some time to get a proper permanent unlocking of phone.

Thanks & Regards
Josh

Factory unlock means that the device can be use on any network without restriction.
4.3 is not the baseband of your device but the actual firmware installed into your device.

Thanks & Regards
Josh

factory unlocked= will accept any micro sim world wide and work with no unlock tools and no hassle

In general how long does it take to come out with an unlock for updates like 4.3.3?

Thanks
Buddy

In general how long does it take to come out with an unlock for updates like 4.3.3?

Thanks
Buddy

Depending on your baseband, you might be able to unlock your device right now if you are on the right baseband supported by ultrasnow. Usually, unlocks don't take time to come out after a new iOS release but things are not stable and everything depend on the developers.

Thanks
Buddy

so far out of all the basebands the devs have unlocked one... it does take a very long time but eventually the devs pwn the devices for life