What's new

Iphone 4 locked...please Help

jitensetia

Reaction score
hi,

I have Iphone 4, I updated it to ios 6.0.1 and now it has been locked.
I confirmed the rebelsimcard.com IMEI checked service and it states that the phone is blacklisted on O2 UK. So would appreciate if anyone can help me out to the solution of below questions:-

1. Can my phone be unlocked my any means (it is blacklisted on O2 UK) ?
2. Or if it cannot be factory unlocked is there any means by which I can use the phone on my local network in India (through any turbo sim or something like that)
3.If the answers to above both question is NO...than can I expect if some kind of Jailbreak software coming in future than can software unlock this IOS 6.0.1 ?
4. Or is there any means through which I can downgrade to IOS 5 so that I can install Cydia and Ultrasn0w ? But I did not have ssh blob files stored.

Please help me finding the solution.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

1) If it's blacklisted ONLY on the O2 UK network, then theoretically you should be able to IMEI unlock it for use on carriers that are not O2 UK or any carriers that do not piggyback off of O2 UK

2) The iPhone 4 does not have support from an interposer like Gevey on iOS 6, nor does it support the newer basebands, so it's recommended that you purchase an IMEI unlock for your iPhone and use it. This method should work as long as the device is off of an O2 contract

3) No. UltraSn0w unlocks will only be applicable to the 3G/3GS and the iPhone 4 on 01.59.00 baseband only. There is no way to downgrade your baseband on the iPhone 4 or later devices, so anyone or any site that tells you this is lying. There might be one in the future if there's an exploit of some sort that can be abused like the 3G and 3GS, but as of this moment, none.

4) As said in number 3, UltraSn0w for the iPhone 4 only works on baseband 01.59.00, and you cannot downgrade basebands on the iPhone 4. Plus, if you do not have SHSH blobs saved, you cannot downgrade nor can you upgrade to any iOS version that's not being signed. There are no bypasses, hacks, exploits, downloads, workarounds for this, SHSH blobs are MANDATORY for restoring to an iOS that's not being signed. Anyone that says otherwise is lying

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

1) If it's blacklisted ONLY on the O2 UK network, then theoretically you should be able to IMEI unlock it for use on carriers that are not O2 UK or any carriers that do not piggyback off of O2 UK

2) The iPhone 4 does not have support from an interposer like Gevey on iOS 6, nor does it support the newer basebands, so it's recommended that you purchase an IMEI unlock for your iPhone and use it. This method should work as long as the device is off of an O2 contract

3) No. UltraSn0w unlocks will only be applicable to the 3G/3GS and the iPhone 4 on 01.59.00 baseband only. There is no way to downgrade your baseband on the iPhone 4 or later devices, so anyone or any site that tells you this is lying. There might be one in the future if there's an exploit of some sort that can be abused like the 3G and 3GS, but as of this moment, none.

4) As said in number 3, UltraSn0w for the iPhone 4 only works on baseband 01.59.00, and you cannot downgrade basebands on the iPhone 4. Plus, if you do not have SHSH blobs saved, you cannot downgrade nor can you upgrade to any iOS version that's not being signed. There are no bypasses, hacks, exploits, downloads, workarounds for this, SHSH blobs are [/b]MANDATORY[/b] for restoring to an iOS that's not being signed. Anyone that says otherwise is lying

hi,
Thanks for the solution.
Fortunately I got the shsh blobs and downgraded the phone back to IOS 5.0.1
But now the phone is not getting the network, it shows No service all times. I installed Ultrasn0w as well but still it does not find the network.
I checkd the baseband it is 04.12.02, please let me know how can i find the network on my phone. Can i downgrade the baseband so as Ultrasn0w works, or is there any other way to find network.
please let me know as soon as posible.

Thanks for ur support....

UltraSn0w is not compatible with baseband 04.12.02. The only baseband that's supported by UltraSn0w on the iPhone 4 is 01.59.00. You cannot downgrade basebands other than ones that're flashed to the iPad Baseband, and that's only applicable to the 3G and 3GS. The only solution for your baseband is an IMEI unlock.

Refer to Justin's sticky here on which iPhone can be unlocked on which baseband

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-unlocking-69/iphone-unlocking-guide-beginners-35540/

Last edited:
UltraSn0w is not compatible with baseband 04.12.02. The only baseband that's supported by UltraSn0w on the iPhone 4 is 01.59.00. You cannot downgrade basebands other than ones that're flashed to the iPad Baseband, and that's only applicable to the 3G and 3GS. The only solution for your baseband is an IMEI unlock.

But my phone is blacklisted on O2 network... no website is offering me IMEI unlock... please guide if is there any way I can downgrade to other ipad/ipod baseband...
I have all the shsh blobs saved with me i.e. Iso 4, Ios 5 as well...

Please help me otherwise my phone would become only a hard piece of brick with me.

Please Sir help me

As I said, there's no way to downgrade your baseband except when it's flashed to the iPad baseband, and that's only applicable to the 3G and 3GS. Your only option is to find yourself a backdoor unlock which we will not provide information on here, or to sell the device as an iPod Touch and get a new iPhone.

As I said, there's no way to downgrade your baseband except when it's flashed to the iPad baseband, and that's only applicable to the 3G and 3GS. Your only option is to find yourself a backdoor unlock which we will not provide information on here, or to sell the device as an iPod Touch and get a new iPhone.

So would I need to sell it out or please tell me any way I can do that from other backdoor solutions.
Or can I use Rebelsim Gevey sim on it ?
Can u please help me providing the details to my emailID - **Moderated by willerz2**

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gevey will not work. I can't say for the R-SIM since I don't have one nor have I ever seen one since there aren't any guarantees that comes with buying one. You can try it out yourself. We do not disclose methods or hints on how to backdoor unlock devices, we'll only say that it's a possible solution.

Also, do peruse the forum rules again here

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/

11.1. Do not use your e-mail address as your user name or include your e-mail in any thread or post. If your user name is your e-mail address, your account will be suspended and you will be asked to create a new name. If you include your e-mail within a post, it will be deleted by forum staff.

Last edited: