What's new

iphone 4 not working please help!

s.sally

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum.
I have an iphone 4 which I upgraded to ios 6.1.2 without saving any shsh blobs.
i was using the phone before without a sim card, and so after the upgrade I couldnt activate the phone.
My question now is, How do I activate my phone without the sim card, jailbreak and unlock my phone?

I downloaded redsn0w and the 6.0.1 firmware, because through videos I understood thats what I needed. On redsn0w it says my ipsw is not supported my redsn0w. I cannot restore my phone to factory settings either.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

Forum Report Post System Tutorial (Please Read)

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

You need to download the iPhone 4 GSM iOS 6.0 IPSW, not the 6.0.1. It must be 6.0. Use RedSn0w to jailbreak and it'll hacktivate your device. Then install Evasi0n Untether in Cydia to untether your jailbreak

Will this also unlock my phone to use with any provider?

No, that's something separate in itself. Unlocking the iPhone 4 requires a small investment in either an interposer SIM or an IMEI/carrier unlocking service. Hacktivating only allows you to gain access to the springboard of the device by bypassing the Setup process since you don't have a SIM. You won't be able to make calls but you will be able to use Wifi and use the phone for non-cellular purposes.