What's new

Help please?

sebag75

Reaction score
I have JB iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 and I want to fix side switch vibrate problem using new version of Redsn0w. I am using iMac so I downloaded
Redsn0w for Mac. I started Redsn0w and it is asking for corresponding IPSW for CURRENT firmware. Since I've used PwnageTool to do JB on my iPhone 4 I have my custom ipsw restore file on my desktop and I have also original iOS 4.3.3 restore from Apple. When Redsn0w is asking for corresponding IPSW for CURRENT firmware I am pointing towards my custom ipsw 4.3.3 firmware but it is not recognized by Redsn0w. When I pointed toward original Apple 4.3.3 restore.ipsw it looks like it is gonna work but I am not sure if this is the way to do it so I cancelled the process.
Please help me ASAP. Thank you so much :)

I have JB iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 and I want to fix side switch vibrate problem using new version of Redsn0w. I am using iMac so I downloaded
Redsn0w for Mac. I started Redsn0w and it is asking for corresponding IPSW for CURRENT firmware. Since I've used PwnageTool to do JB on my iPhone 4 I have my custom ipsw restore file on my desktop and I have also original iOS 4.3.3 restore from Apple. When Redsn0w is asking for corresponding IPSW for CURRENT firmware I am pointing towards my custom ipsw 4.3.3 firmware but it is not recognized by Redsn0w. When I pointed toward original Apple 4.3.3 restore.ipsw it looks like it is gonna work but I am not sure if this is the way to do it so I cancelled the process.

the mistake is trying to use a custom firmware with redsn0w. when you create a custom firmware you can create it so its jailbroken already so you then use itunes to load it so you are in a jailbroken state when the iphone restarts

OK so in other words I can go ahead and choose the original 4.3.3 not custom one, correct?

the mistake is trying to use a custom firmware with redsn0w. when you create a custom firmware you can create it so its jailbroken already so you then use itunes to load it so you are in a jailbroken state when the iphone restarts

yes, Unless you used pwnage tool to preserve the baseband then just stick with the custom firmware and itunes

Yes, I used PwnageTool to preserve baseband so I guess I am gonna stay with custom firmware. THANK you very much for your help :)

Yes, I used PwnageTool to preserve baseband so I guess I am gonna stay with custom firmware. THANK you very much for your help :)

No problem! :) and remember stay away from redsn0w.. always use pwnage tool only and use itunes to load that custom firmware, not just for that firmware but all of them