What's new

Help Please

bighappy4

Reaction score
downloaded both redsn0w and ipsw file for 4.3.3 however when i run it and point it to ipsw file, it is telling me unable to recognize ipsw? not sure where to go next. thanks.

What computer did you use to download the ipsw? And have u already upgrade your iOS to 4.3.3 if yes, then
You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. When you start redsnow and it arrive to step 2 browse to your desktop and find the ipsw there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on my mac not windows and itunes is already on 4.3.3 thanks

on my mac not windows and itunes is already on 4.3.3 thanks

Locate the ipsw file in your computer at this location:
~username/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates/
copy it to your desktop and direct redsnow to your desktop to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try downloading Ipsw by using firefox & felixbruns instead of opening with itunnes gives you the option to save to my doc's folder!!