What's new

iPhone 4 antenna problems.. recall?

$tylez

Reaction score
I just wanted to let all you fellow iPhone 4 users that I stopped by an best buy today to see if they had any available units left. Interesting to say, the first sentence out of their mouth was "Its very much possible that a recall could be in the process, at least that was what I was told earlier today."

Eh

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have mine recalled and get a brand new iPhone than a free (cheap) bumper case from Apple and I'd also like to see Apple holding responsibility so it's a good news to me.

I wouldn't really trust a bestbuy salesperson... If there was a recall I don't think they would be still shipping phones out like crazy. I think the latest estimate is 1.2mil...... I'm ready to see what this "supposed" update has to offer. No complaints here tho... Fewer dropped calls than my 3GS :) I'm happy without a case.

Suposed to be a software upgrade to solve this problem on Monday according to some of the apple information sites. We will have to see what happens, and there always is the lawsuit that I am sure will happen by some unhappy customer.

I suppose some people are really getting upset about this. I don't really mind the issue as it's not a big deal and I bought the bumper and will buy a case as well. Who carries an iPhone without a case these days anyway? :)

Honestly guys, it's not even a big deal really! I know a customer expects 100% satisfaction out of a product that they buy but god.. lets be real here. Follow one of those useful tips that were given on how to reduce the antenna problems or buy a bumper case until a fix has come.

Thats how I look at it :p

Honestly guys, it's not even a big deal really! I know a customer expects 100% satisfaction out of a product that they buy but god.. lets be real here. Follow one of those useful tips that were given on how to reduce the antenna problems or buy a bumper case until a fix has come.

Honestly, I always carried my iphones in some cases and the only time I didn't have cases on was when I first bought the phones. So, practically, it's not really a huge issue. What itches me though is that when I bought the new iphone and paid my hard earned money, I was expecting a fully functional phone that doesn't require me to pay more money to make it functional. This is mostly never the case in any consumer products so why should it be any special for the new iPhone?

When you pay for a product, whatever it is, it should be fully functional by itself unless advised in advance which it wasn't. Holding it in different forms doesn't make it right either. Think about the TVs. If a company sells you a TV and tells you that you should only watch TV standing up, does that make it right? No. That company should have designed the TV so that it can be enjoyed like the most people have enjoyed TV, on their couch. Holding the iPhone the way it was advised makes it feel awkward and not secure which may lead to dropping of the phone.

We still don't know whether this is a hardware issue or a software issue and Apple is supposedly pushing out an iOS update to address this issue but I personally think this is a hardware design issue that no software can fix and there are good evidences on the internet that backs this. Now, I'd be more than happy to be wrong because I love every little thing about the new iphone and I'd be happy to see this thing getting fixed by a software update. But if they can't, and don't offer any kinds of compensation, whether it'd be a free bumper case or a recall, my feeling of getting cheated for the money would never go away.

Just my opinion.

Honestly, I always carried my iphones in some cases and the only time I didn't have cases on was when I first bought the phones. So, practically, it's not really a huge issue. What itches me though is that when I bought the new iphone and paid my hard earned money, I was expecting a fully functional phone that doesn't require me to pay more money to make it functional. This is mostly never the case in any consumer products so why should it be any special for the new iPhone?

When you pay for a product, whatever it is, it should be fully functional by itself unless advised in advance which it wasn't. Holding it in different forms doesn't make it right either. Think about the TVs. If a company sells you a TV and tells you that you should only watch TV standing up, does that make it right? No. That company should have designed the TV so that it can be enjoyed like the most people have enjoyed TV, on their couch. Holding the iPhone the way it was advised makes it feel awkward and not secure which may lead to dropping of the phone.

We still don't know whether this is a hardware issue or a software issue and Apple is supposedly pushing out an iOS update to address this issue but I personally think this is a hardware design issue that no software can fix and there are good evidences on the internet that backs this. Now, I'd be more than happy to be wrong because I love every little thing about the new iphone and I'd be happy to see this thing getting fixed by a software update. But if they can't, and don't offer any kinds of compensation, whether it'd be a free bumper case or a recall, my feeling of getting cheated for the money would never go away.

Just my opinion.

Right, that's why i said a customer deserves 100% satisfaction. Everything you said is valid and there's no reason to disagree because its flat out obvious that we want a working product. However, I believe that alot of people are making a big deal out of this in such a short period. Even to the extent of making up fake rumors about an iPhone 4 recall. I'm just thinking that maybe tomorrow the update would fix it otherwise then everyone has a reason to go outright mad.

What I'm thinking, and I hope is not the case, is that the update people are hopeing for to fix the antenna issue will do nothing more than trick the phone to think it has more of a signal than it actually does!!!! It's very possible and a pessimistic view on the update but it could be their idea of a software fix for a hardware issue... Just a thought.

What I'm thinking, and I hope is not the case, is that the update people are hopeing for to fix the antenna issue will do nothing more than trick the phone to think it has more of a signal than it actually does!!!! It's very possible and a pessimistic view on the update but it could be their idea of a software fix for a hardware issue... Just a thought.

Yea, I wonder this also seems to me the signal meter is more sensitive on 4.0. I like it... But I have a feeling it will be put back the way it was because of all the complaints...

Sorry fellow Iphone users, i'm new to Apple and comapred to my old phone (Samaung) this thing has it all. I have found better reception in all cases and I am doing side by side test as my wife is using the my old Samsung.

well, today i saw a post which state clear that the iPhone 4 recall is, however, just a rumor.
the thing is on the satisfaction, ppl have a very high expectation on iphone 4, and even regard it as perfect, yet when it turn out to have the defect side, ppl turn to feel dissatisfied. well,to myself I am very impressed with iphone4 so far. (btw: did you know you can get a annesoft iphone4 vedio converter if you want to see your dvd on iphone4- now I can watch the football in peace) Aneesoft iPhone Video Converter - Best convert video to iPhone 4 on PC

I got an iFrogz case at Best Buy. Reception problem solved.

The problem I keep having is that if I tilt my head to the left at all when I'm on the phone, it tries to call some random one of my contacts or hangs up my call. I don't know if my cheek is doing that or what, but its annoying.

Not complaining, love the phone, just need to adjust to the different shape of the phone, I guess, and definitely don't cradle it on my shoulder.