What's new

iOS update notification—How do I get rid of it?

Johnny_Juputer

Reaction score
A message popped up on my iPhone the other day that said "iOS 5.0.1 is now available" and put a little red notification number on my settings icon. I really have no desire to spend half a day updating and re-jailbreaking just for "minor bug fixes, iPad multitasking gestures, and improved voice recognition for Australian users." But it would seem my only options are update or live with the red number for the rest of my life. Is there any kind of tweak to hide the number?

I believe that there is a way to hide that notification, i'e read it on a twit the other day, i just didn't pay much attention to it and so can't find that twit back. But i think that a little of googling should be able to help you out.

"noOTA badge" from BigBoss will remove the badge just from the settings app.

If your not JB'd then just put Settings icon in a folder and/or move it to the last page where it won't be seen.

Badges still show when you put an icon in a folder

If you never go to the last page, where is sits there all alone. you will never notice it. Of course if you need to use Settings, you will see it:eek:. Then you could use the Switches+ app from the Apple app store, and then you will seldom ever see that dreaded badge, as it will take you directly to the area of Settings that you most use, thereby bypassing the dreaded red badge.