What's new

Ios 7 with 2 phones on one account

Lilez02

Reaction score
So I downloaded ios 7 on my 64g iphone 5 today. Me and my wife share a iTunes account. She has a 16g iphone 4. Hers is not yet updated. Well in settings under message tab it has both of our phone numbers and both emails. I can un-select her number and email and it's fine but when she un-selects my number and exits, it auto selects it soon as you go back into it. This is making it so she is getting all the messages I send and recieve to other phones. This needs to change ASAP. How can I disable her phone and email permentaly from my phone and permentaly from hers also?? Driving me crazy.

Have separate accounts. As long as your devices are linked under one Apple ID, your iMessages will route to both phones. When it comes to multiple users on multiple accounts, always have separate AppleIDs.

This never was a issue before. Is it possible to have seperate accounts with the same Game Center? Sounds cheesy I know but we both have many games and things that have to be linked through Game Center for a long time. Trying to find a way without setting seperate accounts for the convinance.

As long as she has iMessages on, you'll both receive the same messages that come through iMessages. Game Center profiles cannot be separated, as each AppleID is only allowed one profile.

Thanks for the replys. That's a good plan. So you think if we both shut off iMessage then that would solve this problem? When I shut it off, it takes away the option to select any of our phone numbers or emails. I can screen shot if you would like. Thanks again for helping me.

Only hers. If she turns off iMessages on her phone, only you would receive the iMessages, but at the same time, she won't be able to send any.