What's new

iMessage Help?

Mistico

Reaction score
So I went to send my friend a text message(she has an iPhone 4, ios5) from my iPhone 3gs(ios5).
iMessage must have been already enabled. We are able to see when each other are typing.

But, when I message her, it comes up with my email address rather than my phone number? And when i go to click 'remove email' in my iMessage settings it doesn't allow it?

Is it possible to remove my email address, so that it just sends via my mobile number?

Mistico said:
So I went to send my friend a text message(she has an iPhone 4, ios5) from my iPhone 3gs(ios5).
iMessage must have been already enabled. We are able to see when each other are typing.

But, when I message her, it comes up with my email address rather than my phone number? And when i go to click 'remove email' in my iMessage settings it doesn't allow it?

Is it possible to remove my email address, so that it just sends via my mobile number?

Change the caller id

Anyone know if sending a message via imessage if it shows on your phone bill? Friend asked me this and I didn't know the answer

Anyone know if sending a message via imessage if it shows on your phone bill? Friend asked me this and I didn't know the answer

i believe if you are on wifi the answer is no, but if off wifi, i believe it uses data. Atleast that what it seems like form what i've read

esoxangler20 said:
i believe if you are on wifi the answer is no, but if off wifi, i believe it uses data. Atleast that what it seems like form what i've read

The only thing you will see on your phone bill is the data usage. IMessages don't count as your text.