What's new

Problem with Imessenger

Moranyx

Reaction score
Hi there I have an ipad2 and an iphone4s and have been using Imessenger but when I send it from my phone the messages send using my email and not my phone number. I know this has already been answered on here but so far I have already gone to settings>messages>recieve at>caller Id and selected my phone number, but when I go into recieve at it won't let me simply click on my phone number, it is in grey, and it says I am receiving at 2 addresses when I only want to recieve at my phone alone. Can anyone help me with this please?

Hi there I have an ipad2 and an iphone4s and have been using Imessenger but when I send it from my phone the messages send using my email and not my phone number. I know this has already been answered on here but so far I have already gone to settings>messages>recieve at>caller Id and selected my phone number, but when I go into recieve at it won't let me simply click on my phone number, it is in grey, and it says I am receiving at 2 addresses when I only want to recieve at my phone alone. Can anyone help me with this please?

I have the same problem and would love to know the answer to this. One person did say to set up to different accounts but I haven't as yet, as it seems a last resort to me. I hope someone can answer this for yours and my sakes.

iHolophyte

I have the same problem and would love to know the answer to this. One person did say to set up to different accounts but I haven't as yet, as it seems a last resort to me. I hope someone can answer this for yours and my sakes.

iHolophyte

I think I have managed to do it. What I did was go to settings>messages > recieve at

Then I signed out of my apple ID and switched my phone off and then back on again it theme allowed me to select my number only and friends have said my email is no longer coming up.

Hope this helps!