What's new

Imessenger

robzer

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my imessenger working. I've put it on and it's verified but every time I try to send a message it's tells me it's failed and do I want to try again or send a normal txt.
I've never been able to use this function can anyone help please?
Thanks

eddieg said:
Are you sending it to another iphone on IOS5?

I think so, as we both have all the updates, both iPhone 4.
IOS5....what does this mean exactly?

iOS5 is the operating system. Both phones need to be updated to 5 or 5.0.1 and both phones have to have iMessage activated. It will show as a blue bubble instead of green if it goes through correctly.

xrayeyes said:
iOS5 is the operating system. Both phones need to be updated to 5 or 5.0.1 and both phones have to have iMessage activated. It will show as a blue bubble instead of green if it goes through correctly.

Yes both phones are of the updated softwear and both phones are iMessage activated. Still puzzled by this..........

Under Settings>Messages.....what do you have toggled on? And also Settings>Messages>ReceiveAt....do you have your correct apple id listed?

xrayeyes said:
Under Settings>Messages.....what do you have toggled on? And also Settings>Messages>ReceiveAt....do you have your correct apple id listed?

Yes I've tried all that and I've got the correct apple id, it's so confusing and really annoying lol!
Any other things I could try?

Tur
Ing imessage off, wait 30 seconds then turn it back on, fixed it on mine in the apple store.

Apple Tech Help geek said 'it is a known bug'???!!!!

Suggest do this on both iPhones.

And do you have wifi or 3g connection on both iPhones?

both phones have to be using the same version of imessage so make sure you are also both on the same firmware.

if one of you is on ios 5.0 and the other on 5.0.1 then it wont work

My wife and I been having issues with iMessage lately as well on both 3G and Wi-Fi, both phones are iPhone 4S.