What's new

iOS 7.0.3 Has the Cure for Those Suffering From iOS 7 Motion Sickness

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
$IMG_2976.jpg
Since the release of iOS 7, there have been numerous users and reports of motion sickness due to the parallax and zooming effects within the firmware. For those unfamiliar with the parallax effect, it's used on the Lockscreen/Homescreen wallpaper, while tilting an iOS device, the wallpaper will tilt with it. While the zooming effect is when a user opens or closes a folder in iOS 7. Most won't find this a big issue, but some folks prone to motion sickness needed a solution.

Before iOS 7.0.3, the only option was to turn on the parallax effect, leaving the folder zooming still on. This was done by going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion. Now in iOS 7.0.3, there is a new option which will turn off both zooming and parallax. Instead of zooming in and out, the folders will nicely fade in and out of the Homescreen. Hopefully in the next firmware update, Apple will give the option to turn these features off individually for those who have a problem with one and not the other.

Yup, that's one of the first things I noticed about the update. I wasn't getting motion sickness, but simply didn't like the feature. Glad it's all motionless for me now!

... Now in iOS 7.0.3, there is a new option which will turn off both zooming and parallax. Instead of zooming in and out, the folders will nicely fade in and out of the Homescreen...
What's the new option? Where and how to set? Thanks

It was automatic this issue affected only a small amount of users however Apple tweet the system to reduce it.

I've got 7.0.3 and the tilting still happens.

Not that it bothers me at all.

I've got 7.0.3 and the tilting still happens. Not that it bothers me at all.
If you mean the parallax effect, where the app icons appear to float above the wallpaper, you can stop it. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion and turn it on. This eliminates the parallax and the zooming effect when opening and closing apps.

my first impression, of ios 7, this is awesome when i try the camera filter, and some other good is the parralax efect.

So what do you guys that updated to 7.0.3. think about it? is it worth? I ask cause i thought i seen a post saying not to update to the newest IOS if you plan to jailbreak thanks.

If you mean the parallax effect, where the app icons appear to float above the wallpaper, you can stop it. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion and turn it on. This eliminates the parallax and the zooming effect when opening and closing apps.

Oh thanks.

It's not a bother to me so I'll leave it but good to know it can be removed.