What's new

Several iOS7 Users Experiencing Motion Sickness from Parallax Scrolling & Zooming

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ios7-vibrant-design.jpg

There are reports that some users are a bit queasy over the new iOS7, and we mean that quite literally. Supposedly, there are multiple reports of users experiencing various forms of motion sickness, from vertigo and dizziness to outright nausea, when using some of the new Parallax Scrolling and Zooming functions found within iOS7. Apple actually included a “Reduce Motion” option inside the iOS 7’s Accessibility menu; however, that only disables the Parallax effect on the home screen, leaving some iPad owners reaching for their Dramamine. Here's a quote regarding the topic,

Instead, most are pointing to the zooming effects that are now ubiquitous across iOS when opening and closing apps or entering the multitasking menu. "I had severe vertigo the minute I started using my iPad with iOS 7," writes Apple forum user glassrabit. "Lost the rest of the day to it." Another user, nybe, writes, "I had to go home 'sick' from work because of the intense nausea due to using my iPhone with iOS 7."

Right now the word from Apple is that there is no fix for the issue present in the OS. Many users who are experiencing this issue have resorted to downgrading back to iOS6. Hopefully, Apple will address this soon. Sound off if you are one of the few who have experienced this stomach-churning problem.

Source: TheVerge

There was a VERY small window. First 48 hours after it was officially released.

I know it will never happen, but they need to reopen the downgrade window, or come out with an option to to fix the terrible color schemes in the stock apps and eliminate motions. I barely use my phone anymore because of it. I'm only using it now for phone calls and streaming music. I'm on call 24/7 so my work pays for my phone and service and I'm up for a new phone in a few weeks. I'll be jumping ship because of this. I know that sounds crazy, but old eyes can't take this.

I'm curious...are the abbreviations supposed to make your post more mature and tolerable?

Yea, this is a clean and friendly forum, where everyone can express their opinion in a mature and adult manner. Your comment is not appreciated or respected.

I think the title should be "More and more ios7 users effected by motion sickness......
This seems to be a lot more then just several users. I know many people myself who are having the same problem.
I can't even use my iPad now because it made me seizure from the zooming in and out. I tried to close my eyes when I clicked on a new app but it doesn't work all the time.
If Apple doesn't give us a disable button I'm gonna have to jailbreak back to iOS 6
Anybody have any ideas?