What's new

iOS 5 Navigation?

you mean maps? now it lets you have the choice of three routs to go to your destination

you mean maps? now it lets you have the choice of three routs to go to your destination
Can you post a screen shot pls? Eager to see!

its nothing special its just three little tabs saying route 1,2 and 3 and you tap on the one and you see how long it takes to go and what route it will take you...

i still think maps is useless with out turn by turn navigation

MAPS.png

its good that you now have a choice of routes but when i drive alone its a pain to keep up with it and know where i am supposed to be going or turning or when i get to a roundabout it can be so confusing and i spend hours extra driving backwards and forwards until i get it right lol... maybe ios 6 will have turn by turn navigation

its good that you now have a choice of routes but when i drive alone its a pain to keep up with it and know where i am supposed to be going or turning or when i get to a roundabout it can be so confusing and i spend hours extra driving backwards and forwards until i get it right lol... maybe ios 6 will have turn by turn navigation

I see, and maybe this one could get better before the official release since you are experiencing this with a beta version. Well let's see.

The extra routes is a good idea but I've been experiencing similar problems as unleashed. They need to make it so that you can choose a route then the others dissapear or at least make them different colours other than slightly different shades of blue. Lol...

The extra routes is a good idea but I've been experiencing similar problems as unleashed. They need to make it so that you can choose a route then the others dissapear or at least make them different colours other than slightly different shades of blue. Lol...

i got very lost because i was confused about what exits i was supposed to take and at the roundabout i kept taking wrong exits and spending so much time trying to find a place to turn it was really annoying... driving on my own and trying to use maps. i dont see why they have not added turn by turn yet.

Lucky I was just testing it out so I didn't get lost. But I did get confused when my phone was sending me back the wrong way at a roundabout. Then I realised it was a different route. Lol.

I don't know why they haven't either as android and nokia both have it built in. My guess is that it would hurt sales of those expensive sat nav apps...

Lucky I was just testing it out so I didn't get lost. But I did get confused when my phone was sending me back the wrong way at a roundabout. Then I realised it was a different route. Lol.

I don't know why they haven't either as android and nokia both have it built in. My guess is that it would hurt sales of those expensive sat nav apps...

ah you did the right thing.. i relied on it at a time when i was in a rush to get some where and it really messed up my plan.. i should of done what you did but i was not going any where that i did not already know the way which should not have mattered...

yeah apps like tomtom that cost like £60 in the app store for the europe version i think i would get that but i would not want to pay the £60 as i dont use the sat nav enough and i hope when i soon buy a car to have the sat nav built in the car

To be honest I've not been anywhere yet that I didn't know the way. If I did need it then I would of ended up in the same boat as you. Lol. Apple need to change I a bit before the final release.

I would rather just buy a proper tomtom for £100 than spend £60 on the app...

yeah because it drains the battery so then you spend another £20/30 on a car charger.. for me it drained the battery to 0% when i used maps for a few hours

Yep. You will probably need the tomtom cradle to boost your gps signal as well. That's another £99...