What's new

navigation rotation

eli77033

Reaction score
just switched to iphone 4 from droid. i am disapointed with the navigation so far. i think the droid navigation is by far better. i also like the windsheild mount for the droid. question is, is there a navigation app that rotates with the phone and a windshield mount that allows it to be horizontal like the droid?

eli77033 said:
just switched to iphone 4 from droid. i am disapointed with the navigation so far. i think the droid navigation is by far better. i also like the windsheild mount for the droid. question is, is there a navigation app that rotates with the phone and a windshield mount that allows it to be horizontal like the droid?

Well there's the mapquest app. It's free, voice turn by turn directions, and it works in landscape view.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

hmm have mapquet but not sure how to get it to rotate

eli77033 said:
no setting to get it to rotate.

Ok well I was wrong about mapquest lol. It works in landscape mode except when your routing somewhere apparently. I'm sorry about that. The cheapest navigation app I could find that definitely supports landscape is Motion X GPS Drive. It's .99 cents and comes with a 30 day free trial. Then after that it's $2.99 a month or $19.99 a year. Here's some screenshots

The very first one shows full support for portrait and landscape at the top lol

Well I found one today that works pretty good. Has some un needed stuff. It's called waze. Has landscape and it's free. Try it out n see if u like it

eli77033 said:
Well I found one today that works pretty good. Has some un needed stuff. It's called waze. Has landscape and it's free. Try it out n see if u like it

Waze. Sounds good I'll check that out. Thanks!