What's new

Navigation app?

browneyedgirl

Reaction score
I love my iphone5 but I thought the navigation tool on my Droid X was better. I just noticed I do not have an app for navigation. Can someone recommend a good app for navigation on the iphone 5?

I love my iphone5 but I thought the navigation tool on my Droid X was better. I just noticed I do not have an app for navigation. Can someone recommend a good app for navigation on the iphone 5?

The iPhone comes stock with the Maps app. Then, there is a plethora of navigation apps in the AppStore (a lot of folk like to go with the free Google maps app).

Marilyn

If I'm travelling I use a navigation app that has downloadable maps so I'm not using data to stream the maps from the Apple or Google servers.

Hands down...I love the app: Scout Maps!

Love it and have been using it for almost 2 years. It has voice navigation and is accurate for any real time accidents or road construction in the area. I do not use any other navigation app, except this one!

Thanks for the input. I do have Maps. I was looking at Scout Maps. I do like the voice navigation. I even tried using Siri. That was a failure.

I have come to the conclusion it is usually me and not my iphone that is the problem. I also have to learn to not be afraid of the phone. I did download & install the Google Maps. After playing around with it I did manage to get the voice guided navigation. I doubt I would feel this comfortable with the phone if it wasn't for this forum. Thanks.

Just get sygic gps navigation ... with sygic you have offline navigation and free updates .... the navigation app i ever used :)

Try CoPilot. Offline navigation, voice assistant . One map ( region ) is free.
I have it on iPhone 4. Works great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the advice. I did get Google Maps & it worked in my Expedition. Then I tried to use it in my Escape with Bluetooth & the voice guided directions would not come on. Still trying to figure it out. It seems quite a few people have issues with the voice guided directions do not come through the phone speaker or the car speaker.

Thanks for all the advice. I did get Google Maps & it worked in my Expedition. Then I tried to use it in my Escape with Bluetooth & the voice guided directions would not come on. Still trying to figure it out. It seems quite a few people have issues with the voice guided directions do not come through the phone speaker or the car speaker.

I have had this problem as well with many of the navigation apps not coming through my automobile's Bluetooth audio which is why my wife and I stick with the Garmin app. She uses it is her Honda Pilot, I use it in my Nissan Maxima. In both cases, it pushes audio via Bluetooth to our cars' audio systems.

I actually had it work one time. It seems I need to use the media stream on Bluetooth. It does not work when playing a CD even with Bluetooth on. I guess I need to play around with it some more when I do not need directions. LOL

I actually had it work one time. It seems I need to use the media stream on Bluetooth. It does not work when playing a CD even with Bluetooth on. I guess I need to play around with it some more when I do not need directions. LOL

Ford uses sync a windows product. It doesn't play well with Apple devices. It will work with it if you make the blue tooth as audio input

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right, ripipemender. I think that was the only time it worked when I had audio on. Just need to play with it a bit more. Sorry, my tech terminology is not the best.

I've been using the Garmin USA app for my navigations. All maps are downloaded to phone, so no data connection is needed. Been using it for years and it's never steered me wrong.

On a recent trip with family and friends, I entered in our hotel in Garmin app on my iPhone, friend entered same address of hotel in his TomTom app on his iPhone. Garmin got me there, while TomTom got my friend lost for close to an hour.

...just my experience