What's new

Ios 5 music problem ?.

saltire69

Reaction score
Hi folks .
I purchased an iphone 4 s/hand and it has ios5 loaded on it now since i uploaded beta7 my songs will not play well the ones which i transfered from i tunes the ones which i purchased from i tunes store will play .
Now after looking on the net i came across this
* After updating to iOS 5 beta 7, your music may fail to play. If this happens, turn off iTunes Match in Settings > Music, and turn it back on.

Now i dont have i tunes Match on my phone !!!(Is this a Mac thing??)
Please excuse my ignorance as this is the first smart phone i have owned .
Also my phone wont sync now as it comes up saying i need 10.5 and that what i have on my pc just wondered if my version 10.5 of i tunes has been superseeded and thats why the phone wont sync .
I phoned Apple today and they just told me tuff i should not have purchased a phone with ios5 on it and it is not advisable to try and go backwards with the operating system .

saltire69 said:
Hi folks .
I purchased an iphone 4 s/hand and it has ios5 loaded on it now since i uploaded beta7 my songs will not play well the ones which i transfered from i tunes the ones which i purchased from i tunes store will play .
Now after looking on the net i came across this
* After updating to iOS 5 beta 7, your music may fail to play. If this happens, turn off iTunes Match in Settings > Music, and turn it back on.

Now i dont have i tunes Match on my phone !!!(Is this a Mac thing??)
Please excuse my ignorance as this is the first smart phone i have owned .
Also my phone wont sync now as it comes up saying i need 10.5 and that what i have on my pc just wondered if my version 10.5 of i tunes has been superseeded and thats why the phone wont sync .
I phoned Apple today and they just told me tuff i should not have purchased a phone with ios5 on it and it is not advisable to try and go backwards with the operating system .

I suggest restoring the device. Running a beta will only result in problems and apple will most likely not help in your case since betas are specifically for dev's.

Last edited:
When you say restore do you mean go back to the original op system ?.
The ios5 was on the phone when i got it i did not put it on .

saltire69 said:
When you say restore do you mean go back to the original op system ?.
The ios5 was on the phone when i got it i did not put it on .

I understand you didn't install ios5 beta but it's a beta. Its not yet a stable build. When I say restore I mean to factory settings.

Just do what it says and turn of iTunes Music Match.. You do have it because the beta has it.

Its not a Mac thing.. its on the iphone it itunes somewhere.. i can't tell you exactly where in itunes because i dont have the newest iOS.