What's new

After ios 5 update i am having problems listening to music!

edog

Reaction score
When i start the music player it plays for a while and then it stops like i paused it but its not and sometimes i cant get it to play at all.If i wait and go back to it, it works and then stops after a couple songs.I didnt get any error messages when downloading ios5 but it never happened before

after the update i have had this problem and am very frustrated. there is no help available online as i have tried everything the apple website says to do

When i start the music player it plays for a while and then it stops like i paused it but its not and sometimes i cant get it to play at all.If i wait and go back to it, it works and then stops after a couple songs.I didnt get any error messages when downloading ios5 but it never happened before

I have this exact problem as well.

Anyone worked out how to fix it yet?

Same problem right here,i using rhapsody and i thought was the app...

hrmm that is weird i've been running the GM for the last week or two and now i upgraded to the official release even though its the same as the GM and i haven't come across any issue like this.

Garrett said:
hrmm that is weird i've been running the GM for the last week or two and now i upgraded to the official release even though its the same as the GM and i haven't come across any issue like this.

I agree. I restored from the gm twice to see if I would get the problems everyone else is getting but I didn't.

I did a restore and so far it plays fine. My wireless sync works better than before! I lost my pics from my phone but its no big deal. I think i should have updated to 10.5, then did a sync, then installed ios 5 instead of all at the same time.

Every since the update this has been happening to me with music played from the new music app and also with other music apps (MyTunes) etc. Something is wrong, I'm wondering if it has something to do with iCloud?

Okay, I think we had the same problem. Let me tell you how I fixed mine. Sync your phone with cable to computer. When complete, go to your music tab and uncheck Sync Music. Then, resync. Finally, recheck the Sync Music tab sync. This fixed my problems. Hope it works!GmrMom

Thanks GmrMom, I followed your instructions and that fixed things for me so everything is back to normal now.

@ GmrMom:

Thankx, I can also confirm that your solution solved this issue!